It kind of makes me feel

Pikopiko

Reaction score
a little weird reading about everyone having more than one uke.
@.@" I only have two [technically one since the other one is supposed to be used for decoration] and I know people who have like..three. or five. and I'm like, wut?

the only one I actually use is my baby, haha and I would feel like if I bought another one it would be like betraying her D:

but I also want a black soprano.. haha
[I'm not big on brands, I just want the color to be black and the size to be that of a soprano].

opinions about this?

I'm with you. Really I am. But I do have 5 ukuleles and a grizzly kit to make. 2 of mine are really just lookers (plastic Flamingo uke -- see avatar -- and a polk-a-lele). I never use my flea (but maybe someday) and a Lori's uke and a KoAloha. I think I'm done shopping, but you never know.

the only one I actually use is my baby, haha and I would feel like if I bought another one it would be like betraying her D:?

I still feel like I'm cheating on my Kanile'a when I play my Kamaka. Especially when I saw Joe and Kristen Souza at the Southern Cal uke festival.

Don't worry about it...whether you have 1 ukulele or 100, you can only play one at a time.

I did own 11 ukuleles back in July but I currently own 5. I felt like I was getting a little greedy which seems to be an American trait. I am slowly thinning the clan out because I can only play one at a time. I am also currently saving up for a Pineapple Sunday but that is going to take a year. Who really cares what kind of uke you got or how many ukes you have. It is fun to aquire ukes but it isn't neccessary for living.

WHAAAAAAAT!?!?:eek::eek: How could I sell my girls and...and...and the prettiest ukuleles are the ones I don't own....yet! :drool:

I'm not a "many instruments" kind of guy. Over the course of my life with music I've owned many instruments but right now I have a nice 0 sized 12 fret guitar and a classical. I see myself getting perhaps one or two more nice small bodied guitars because I play in some alternate tunings and it's a pain to be constantly retuning when I gig. . . but I tend to shed stuff when I get more stuff. Having too much "stuff" is a burden to me.

I'll likely be the same way with ukes.

Well, I have 2 Ukulele's, a Tenor and a Soprano. I mainly play with the Tenor, the Soprano stays safe in it's case. I have a Tahitian Uke/Banjo (whatever), but that's not really intended for the kind of "playing" I do.

I have a bridgeless Lanikai LU-8 (I need to get that fixed though...)...uhh...my brother moved to the Bay Area and took the 8-String Tenor with him and I gave my lil' cousin my older Soprano.

I honestly think that if you have more than 3-4 Ukes, you better have a different use for each one or something, for example: I use my Tenor for practically everything, but my Soprano I use for strumming (plus it's extremely loud)...and it's hard to pick on it - plus the strings on it give it a nice crisp loud noise whereas my Tenor has softer strings...etc...ya know?

I have two acoustic guitars, two electric guitars, and two pianos [ones a keyboard, the other is an upright piano] [[there also seems to be a pattern with two 0.o]]

It's not so much that I'm hoarding [although, I do agree that sometimes I feel like I am] but it just seems to happen..

Also, my uke is starting to get a little beat up. Actually..kicked. Some girl in my science class kicked my uke during a test on "accident" D: and now there's a dent by the 7th fret.

and those black ukes look nice.. I've also been thinking about getting the applause ua20. :3

I too have only two ukes. I have a koa concert and a flea that I use when I'm not at home or on the road. Although I've seen other ukes that are really, really pretty, I play so doggone not well:rolleyes::p that I just can't justify buying another ukulele. When I'm good enough, I may get another one. But what I have now is plenty good, so maybe I won't until I can play extremely well then I'll invest in a really bad a$$ one. :D

Aww go ahead and get another nice ukulele. You won't hurt your uke's feelings. I have it on good authority that ukuleles are polygamous in nature and won't get jealous at all.
As a matter of fact, most ukuleles are outright swingers and are happiest in group parties.:p
Ernest

At some point a lot of us go from buying another uke to "collecting" ukes. Just the same as some people collect stamps, or coins, or little ceramic unicorns. Just because they are musical instruments doesn't mean the aren't also "collectibles".

I like to pile them all on the bed and roll around naked in them.

When I started playing, I did not understand why people wasted their money on multiple instruments. I think it's something that non musicians just don't understand.... I think I've been enlightened.

She asked me "Just how many ukes do you need?"

My reply "at least one more!!!"

I see it like how many CD's do you need you can only listen to one at a time but they all sound different when played, right?
Or shoes
Or Luau Shirts (which you CAN NOT have to many of !!!)

The same goes for Ukuleles too, so far I have played 6 different KoAloha Soprano's and each one had a different tone or we can start talking the same uke but one is a satin finish and one a gloss sounding different too.

I currently have 9 players, a couple are the same with different strings g/G and one is for famous uke palyers to sign when I meet them and my Fleas in my backpack or as she calls it my "man purse".

The only thing that has slowed my UAS/collecting is I just started playing the geetuar and have been spending money on that instead, but ever week the coffee can sees a few more pennies toward that KoAloha Tenor!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom