Mainland Honeybee Soprano w/ Pickup

d-mace

Reaction score
For sale is a like new solid mahogany Mainland Honeybee with pickup. This is one of the factory seconds that has some small cosmetic issues mostly under the finish. You can see in the pics that there is a small scratch by the fretboard under the finish and a small mark on the body near the rope binding. There are a few other really small marks on the headstock and back of the neck....all of which are small and mostly unnoticable....I just want to point them out so there are no surprises. I think Mike from Mainland also noted that the Mainland logo on the headstock was darker or greener than normal.

Now for the important stuff....playability and looks. Action and intonation up and down the fretboard are superb. No buzzing and no sharp frets. I have it strung with Worth Clears and like the sound better than the Aquilas. It sounds a bit fuller and warmer. I chose silver geared tuners with ivory buttons....it matches my Kamaka. Like most people report it is loud unplugged but plays equally well quietly. Finally, plugging it in is fun! You don't find many sopranos with a built in pickup.

I really bought this for the looks....it's my favorite of all of the Mainlands. I love the honey finsh and the shape of the fretboard as it comes close to the sound hole. It looks just like a Martin. It is differently shaped than the other Mainlands.

$175 shipped obo....no case, but I will double box it and insure it.

Attachments

• DSC_0925.jpg
    DSC_0925.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0926.jpg
    DSC_0926.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0927.jpg
    DSC_0927.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0928.jpg
    DSC_0928.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 62
Sounds like something I would like. Not sure how badly I want another soprano but for $175 it may be worth it. Hmmmmm...

Why are you selling it??

Why are you selling it??

Like I said...I bought it mostly on looks. Sopranos just are not favorite in terms of tone and playablity. I do love how they look though. It has been a fun one to own and plug in.

Hows the intonation on it?

I'd like to pick this bad boy up to add to my collection but I dont want to pay that kind of money if I'm not gonna end up playing it. If it plays well, I just may go for it.

What kind of pickup is in it?

Hows the intonation on it? What kind of pickup is in it?

The intonation is spot on up and down the fretboard.

The pickup is an under saddle one that is factory installed....no other details on the site. It works well and the installation looks great.

Top Bottom