Nervous

bunnyflower

Reaction score
I'm playing "in public" for the first time tomorrow, and it's in front of an auditorium full of people! I am playing with a friend, which helps a lot, and it's her first time too.

But, nervous!

Best of luck, and "break a leg"!

Cool!!!:cool: Best of luck to you and your partner I know you will do fine after all the uke is a fun instrument and most people have not really listened to one live before. Let us know about all of the standing ovations you get!!:D

Awesome! It'll be exhilerating (sp?)! Please let us know how it went.

Good luck! Just focus on having fun!

a cool refreshing gin & tonic, is a good way to calm the nerves. but don`t get carried away...remember...just one!

good luck.

a cool refreshing gin & tonic, is a good way to calm the nerves. but don`t get carried away...remember...just one!

good luck.

. . . or two. . . :D

Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse! Then rehearse some more! There's no better cure for nervousness than confidence.

Yeah! And if you mess up, don't stop - That's the most important thing is to not stop, just jump right back on track. I find it funny that whenever I would perform in public and mess up, NOBODY notices because I just keep going. :D

You'll do great though! Nobody is ever disappointed by the mellifluous sound of the Ukulele! :cool:

Yeah! And if you mess up, don't stop - That's the most important thing is to not stop, just jump right back on track. I find it funny that whenever I would perform in public and mess up, NOBODY notices because I just keep going. :D
That is very true. If you can recover from a flub and keep the beat, most people will probably never even know you made a mistake.

Honestly, the vast majority of your audience will probably not be musicians and won't even notice any flubs. The ones that are musicians and might notice will know what you're going thru and won't say anything unless they want to really be a horse's patoot about it.

Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse! Then rehearse some more! There's no better cure for nervousness than confidence.

Absolutely!

Another little token of confidence: Remember that the whole audience, that whole auditorium full of people, no matter what it seems like, want the same thing you do: They want nothing more than for you to play the best you can and enjoy yourself. I promise.

Have fun.

wow! big day eh? Im sure you'll do fine.....heck you might like it up there in that warm ole spotlight....Remember......You are a Ukulele Superstar!

We did it!!

I think we were both nervous (a lot), but it started out fine, each of us had a couple of minor slips, but we kept going and I don't think anyone even noticed. We had lots of people come up to us afterward and say how much they enjoyed it, and some of the audience were singing along while we were performing. That was cool!

So, yay, it's over, and it was ok.

Thanks guys!! You're the best. :D

Congratulations! :D

Better start planning for the world tour! :)

Top Bottom