Spoken Word?

Pikopiko

Reaction score
Is anyone into poetry or slam poetry? I love it. A lot.
Like, no joke, haha

I've been writing for a while and sadly, I've only met one other person who wrote too.

If I could meet someone on here who played the uke AND wrote poetry, that's be awesome :D

...I write my own songs - that's poetry, right?

I've written a few poems though (no Uke) and I watch a lot of spoken word on YouTube (especially ones from Def Poetry Jam)

I have a friend who is REALLY into spoken word and after listening to a majority of her work, I got into it. So yeah. There's my story, haha.

...I write my own songs - that's poetry, right?

I've written a few poems though (no Uke) and I watch a lot of spoken word on YouTube (especially ones from Def Poetry Jam)

I have a friend who is REALLY into spoken word and after listening to a majority of her work, I got into it. So yeah. There's my story, haha.

haha I've never tried writing a song.. but i consider that poetry :D

and you should show me some of your stuff :D i like reading other peoples poems forreall.

def jam poetry. I never seem to see it on tv [is it even on anymore?] so same with the youtube vids haha

I used to organize spoken word events at my old university every semester for about 4 semesters in conjunction with producing a literary magazine that features poems and stories from students and teachers. I also had a few chances to perform my own poems there, as well as at a downtown venue. There are a few poetry events that happen here on Kauai, but they're all slam poetry. I prefer spoken word events to slam poetry events because everyone can participate and not have to worry about being judged.

i'm really into slam poetry but i'm too shy to perform. sigh...

I watch a lot of Def Poetry on YouTube too. I really like poetry though, but not the speaking part. In English this year, I think there's a slam poetry unit which I think is pretty cool and there's a Slam Poetry Night too.

i'm really into slam poetry but i'm too shy to perform. sigh...

I performed for the first time a few weeks ago at an open mic and my voice cracked right at the beginning. lol but it's not so bad once you've gotten a little through the poem.

:] I'm hoping to perform again at my school.

if you wanna see the performance...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqxyBnVY2Us

Edit; apparently, when I'm really nervous, I tend to yell. lol sorry if it gets a little loud.

Last edited:
Top Bottom