UAS for dummies

ukecantdothat

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding, um, (I don't want to say "stupid" cuz I got me a bit of a red reputation last time!) let's say... like the newbie that I am, but what is this "UAS" reference I keep seeing?

Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome?

Just a guess...

ding ding ding! :)

At the risk of sounding, um, (I don't want to say "stupid" cuz I got me a bit of a red reputation last time!) let's say... like the newbie that I am, but what is this "UAS" reference I keep seeing?

Just a guess...

correct!
there is no cure...only Zuul!

/drunks

ding ding ding! :)
Wow. Guess I'm not such a dummy, after all. Well, I am, but that's for a different thread.

And a big "oops" and sorry to the moderator (seeso?). I hit the submit button twice, I guess, so the thread showed up twice. See? I am a dummy. G'head and dump it. In fact G'head and dump this too, since I got my answer, unless you think it's useful to other dummies, I mean newbies.

Wow. Guess I'm not such a dummy, after all. Well, I am, but that's for a different thread.

And a big "oops" and sorry to the moderator (seeso?). I hit the submit button twice, I guess, so the thread showed up twice. See? I am a dummy. G'head and dump it. In fact G'head and dump this too, since I got my answer, unless you think it's useful to other dummies, I mean newbies.
"My name is Sally and I have UAS".
Hey Thom, Here's a video 'splaining the illness.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nvmfcFI-78
Most of us here have it. I myself own 12.

Last edited:
United American States ;)

My UAS is in remission, but you never know... :eek:

Remission, but remember there is a Kala travel ukulele, a tenor I believe it is, sitting on a shelf in paradise and it's got your name on the label.

Just a guess...

Ahhh...UAS be VERY carefull, once you get infected there is no known cure!!:iwant::eek::music:

Ahhh...UAS be VERY carefull, once you get infected there is no known cure!!:iwant::eek::music:
This sounds very dangerous, indeed. Now I'm scared. Just yesterday I recieved a Mainland concert, mahogany even, and... and... it's... g-g-g-... glossy! I even had them rig it with a pickup! But it gets worse. I also got a tweed case. TWEED, Jerry. TWEED!

Now the question is:

I have a custom USAF cigar box coming to me from some "dealer" on eBay (A dealer) so I can build a uke out of some, ahem, spare parts I found in my driveway (see avatar). Does this count as UAS? Because technically it's not a uke until I glue a neck on it.

Great Idea Hobgoblin Steve, about the support band.

Brown and white, classic UU colors!

I hope it's in the works. Maybe we could collect a pot (of money/contributions) if enough of us want the project to go forward.

I'm in.

My UAS is flaring. I can tell myself that 7 sopranos are enough (for now) but I only have 1 tenor! Want... more... tenors... :drool:

My UAS is flaring. I can tell myself that 7 sopranos are enough (for now) but I only have 1 tenor! Want... more... tenors... :drool:
Don't forget about concerts and the poor lonely baritones....they need lovin' too.

Don't forget about concerts and the poor lonely baritones....they need lovin' too.

AAAAAGGGHHH!!!!! I don't have any concerts yet! :iwant:

(I can pretend that my guitars are mutant friends for the baritone. We just don't mention those strange extra strings.)

AAAAAGGGHHH!!!!! I don't have any concerts yet! :iwant:

(I can pretend that my guitars are mutant friends for the baritone. We just don't mention those strange extra strings.)
(I String my Bari Gcea so he doesn't feel left out.)

This sounds very dangerous, indeed. Now I'm scared. Just yesterday I recieved a Mainland concert, mahogany even, and... and... it's... g-g-g-... glossy! I even had them rig it with a pickup! But it gets worse. I also got a tweed case. TWEED, Jerry. TWEED!

Now the question is:

I have a custom USAF cigar box coming to me from some "dealer" on eBay (A dealer) so I can build a uke out of some, ahem, spare parts I found in my driveway (see avatar). Does this count as UAS? Because technically it's not a uke until I glue a neck on it.

No no no... It all counts my friend. It all counts. You have it bad.
I just wanted to say Good luck and were all counting on you.

Top Bottom