Bushman Ukuleles

rock_and_roll_camera

Reaction score
Hey guys, probably a bit of an obvious one but I just wanted to be sure before I get my hopes up. Do Bushman ship to the UK, and does anybody know the cost involved?

Also, do any of you guys play Bushman ukes? I'd love to get your opinion! I've only seen Bushman uke's online, as living in the UK, nobody carries them in stock. They look beautiful though, really amazing little ukes. I've been watching the likes of Julia Nunes and the Bushmans sound lovely! I just wanted to see what everyone else thought, because I kind of have my heart set on it now, the Bushman Jenny seems to be the the uke by which I judge evrything else, and nothing seems to stand up to it? Any experiences or opinions would be greatly appreciated!...

Cheers...

worms-300x292.jpg

Mainlands are nice, and are actually fancier versions of the Bushman at a great price with great service, and they also ship to the UK. ;)
http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/main.sc;jsessionid=83BE35B2FE59268996DA6034A8ACB7DA.qscstrfrnt03

I remember when Bushman ukes were cool.

There is a reason, none of the big (and small) dealers in europe carries Bushman Ukuleles any longer.:( Like discussed in several other loooooong threads: Buy a used Bushman, they are great! I fancy my Bushman Koa Concert alot.

Everytime i hear about Bushman I think of Ar-15s. Not sure why...Good luck with your search. Hopefully you find your jenny.

haha...thats bushMASTER. I used to have the Varminter Special. That thing was badmamma jamma, but could get the accuracy I wanted using factory loads, and wasnt going to start reloading. Sold it and bought a banjo and ukulele...hmm, my first ukulele actually.

Bushman man

Hi,

I currently have a Bushman baritone that I will not sell. It's that nice. I had a Bushman tenor and loved it until I got my Kanilea K-1 which does have a nicer sound. Bushmen are light and have a lot of sweet reverberations. Also, their necks are thin enough to be fast for jazz chords. I'm a fan of Bushman and as I say I love my Kanilea and several Kalas I have, also my Road Toad semi-hollow bass.

haha...thats bushMASTER. I used to have the Varminter Special. That thing was badmamma jamma, but could get the accuracy I wanted using factory loads, and wasnt going to start reloading. Sold it and bought a banjo and ukulele...hmm, my first ukulele actually.

So right you are. Bushmaster. I actually had an AR-15 but I sold it for my wife's engagment ring. I had already bought an ukulele that I never played it at that time. I was still hanging onto the hope that I would learn the guitar. Hahaha!!! I'd like to try a Bushman but never can find a dealer that has them in stock and I know that I can get a Mele for just a little more or around the same price and I would rather have a Mele unless we were talking about KoAlohas.

Hey guys, probably a bit of an obvious one but I just wanted to be sure before I get my hopes up. Do Bushman ship to the UK, and does anybody know the cost involved?

Also, do any of you guys play Bushman ukes? I'd love to get your opinion! I've only seen Bushman uke's online, as living in the UK, nobody carries them in stock. They look beautiful though, really amazing little ukes. I've been watching the likes of Julia Nunes and the Bushmans sound lovely! I just wanted to see what everyone else thought, because I kind of have my heart set on it now, the Bushman Jenny seems to be the the uke by which I judge evrything else, and nothing seems to stand up to it? Any experiences or opinions would be greatly appreciated!...

Cheers...

Setting aside the fact that Julia Nunes pretty much murders her ukulele whenever she 'plays' it I'd advise going for a make that is easy to pick up in the UK such as Lanikai or Kala. This way you don't have to deal with shipping and import and customs duties which can be pretty expensive.

Newcastle Music (www.newcastlemusic.co.uk) and Duke of Uke (www.dukeofuke.co.uk) both have a decent selection of similar quality ukes.

But if you really do have your heart set on a Bushman then make sure you factor in shipping, customs and import duties (like VAT) into the price. From what I've heard and other members' experiences here Bushman's service can be a bit hit and miss.

He has a good point about taxes and shipping. I just got off the phone w/ John Hall and rest asure that Bushman does ship to the UK.
So if you've got an itch for a Bushman I say go for it! I love mine bro.

Lot's of heated threads about this subject on UU, but again I'm gonna say ask a Bushman owner and they'll tell you, Bushman Ukes kick-ass!

Good Luck

Setting aside the fact that Julia Nunes pretty much murders her ukulele whenever she 'plays' it I'd advise going for a make that is easy to pick up in the UK such as Lanikai or Kala. This way you don't have to deal with shipping and import and customs duties which can be pretty expensive.

Huh, I hadn't noticed anything wrong with Julia Nunes' playing. Granted, she doesn't do anything fancy, just folk-style strumming, but it always sounded good to me.

By the way, is it true that Mainlands, Ohanas, and Bushmans are made in the same factories? I was wondering about that, and about whether they use the same woods and parts and all that...

Oh lord....don't get me started on Bushman...

which reminds me... I need to call Hall.....again

Oh lord....don't get me started on Bushman...

which reminds me... I need to call Hall.....again

it was just a matter of time...

ANYWAY:) I think when he said Julia "murders" it...he meant it positive bro. Like "daaaaaaaaaaaang, she killed it!"

cuz she's good...you know it, I know it, even Obama knows it.

Top Bottom