Buying Ukes in Bulk?

boundless

Reaction score
In my "real life", my work is most easily categorized as Personal Development.

I do a lot of work with people, helping them tap into their sense of passion, playing big, and expressing themselves creatively.

In the few short months that I've been playing with the ukulele I have personally experienced what I would consider profound shifts in my own personal self-expression, and I have become inspired to share these benefits with people in a workshop setting (not a total uke workshop, but it would play a significant part - and Elephant Town would be a major example of truly freeing oneself from judgment, etc. ;) )

As such, I'm interested in learning where I might buy Ukes in bulk. Obviously, I'm not talking about expensive instruments, but basic starter sopranos that would normally go from probably around $30 or so (in fact, I think the Elephant Town purist would agree that this is the way to go for that particular piece. :)

I'm talking about something like 50 ukes at a time or something like that.

A Google search turned up nothing along these lines, but I wondered if anyone here might know of a source.

Any help or referrals would be greatly appreciated!

Bob

The best price I got was from ukerepublic (Mike). I contacted MGM, Kala, and some other vendors and what not. Everyone had pretty much the same price but i saved shipping by going through ukerepublic. I get the makala dolphins from him and that is by far the best bang for the buck "cheap" ukulele.

The best price I got was from ukerepublic (Mike). I contacted MGM, Kala, and some other vendors and what not. Everyone had pretty much the same price but i saved shipping by going through ukerepublic. I get the makala dolphins from him and that is by far the best bang for the buck "cheap" ukulele.

I've seen those dolphins on the web. Was curious about their quality. Again, I don't need total excellence, but if it stayed in tune for 10 minutes, that would be great. :)

I'll contact Mike. I'm in conversation with him anyway because I'm on the brink of getting the Kala Acacia Tenor.... The brink, I tell you.

I would still love any other suggestions any might have!

Thanks for the response!

Bob

UkeRepublic Mike has great customer service.

I just bought one of those Makala Dolphin ukes as a gift for a friend and I am pleasantly surprised at what a good uke it is. Action is great right out of the box, it stays in tune quite well, and it sounds pretty great for the price. Plus, they are just fun looking in my opinion. I think you can't do better for a starter uke and it is fun at any level.

I just bought one of those Makala Dolphin ukes as a gift for a friend and I am pleasantly surprised at what a good uke it is. Action is great right out of the box, it stays in tune quite well, and it sounds pretty great for the price. Plus, they are just fun looking in my opinion. I think you can't do better for a starter uke and it is fun at any level.

I liked all the color choices that I saw as well. Would love to just get a "variety pack"! :D

Thanks for that information!

I looooooooove my Makala, and I highly recommend it.

What a great idea for a workshop! I agree with the freeing-up-of-personal-expression feeling after playing ukulele. (Was that an awkward turn of phrase, or what?)

Butler Music on Ebay is an overstock liquidator and would probably work with you.......

I looooooooove my Makala, and I highly recommend it.

What a great idea for a workshop! I agree with the freeing-up-of-personal-expression feeling after playing ukulele. (Was that an awkward turn of phrase, or what?)

Yeah I recommend Makalas for inexpensive, playable ukes. They're great for the price.

If you want to get that amount why go thru middleman and go straight to Kala and contact Mike or Phil or Rick

Mike will they play ball though? I wanted to get that many last school year and I got a better price from you and ukerepublic. I didn't want to become a dealer I just wanted a big order.

Mike will they play ball though? I wanted to get that many last school year and I got a better price from you and ukerepublic. I didn't want to become a dealer I just wanted a big order.

How many did you actually end up getting, John? Were they the Dolphins? Were you happy with them?

Sooooooo. . . . the question on everybody's mind is did Bob Marley rip off the Banana Splitz or did the Banana Splitz rip off Bob Marley

He was a Buffalo Soldier,
Couch potato rasta
Roll up a doobie
Eat some ice cream

Ewoy yo yo. . . yo yo yo yo. . .

How many did you actually end up getting, John? Were they the Dolphins? Were you happy with them?

I ended up getting 30. All dolphins and I have gotten 20 this year. The dolohins stay in tune and they are nearly indestructible. They sound good for their price. Of all the budget ukes this is the one to go with.

The new Dolphins also have a one piece sides and back made from plastic which has no negative effects to sound quality but adds durability so perfect for multiple kids use. ;)

The new Dolphins also have a one piece sides and back made from plastic which has no negative effects to sound quality but adds durability so perfect for multiple kids use. ;)

And hopefully, clumsy careless adults. ;)

Top Bottom