"Play the Beatles, win a uke!" Contest!

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well here it is. Post 1000! Now that I am officially a PW I figured a contest is in order.

I have a practically new Bushman Jenny Pineapple that can be yours!

Here are the rules:

1) One video entry per person! Make it count! EDIT: Enter as many times as you'd like to!!

2) YOU MUST use an Ukulele! (duh!)

3) YOU MUST play a Beatles song!

4) At the beginning of your video YOU MUST say, "I am playing the Beatles and want to win a new uke!"

Other than that, GO WILD! In can be an instrumental, a solo uke and vocal performance, with a band, multi-tracked or whatever you want! It can be just like the original or completely revamped. (Anyone picture Something in reggae style? ;) ) Get creative.

JUDGING CRITERIA:

a) Creativity
b) Enthusiasm
c) Effort!

To win this contest you don't have to be a great player as long as you are super creative and super enthusiastic! Anyone has a great shot at winning!

HOW TO SUBMIT ENTRIES!
1) Subscribe to my youtube channel HERE!
2) Post the link to your entry in this thread
3) Contest ends 01/31/10 at 3:00 PM PST

Prizes:
1st Place: Bushman Jenny Pineapple
2 Runner Ups: The Beatles "1" album from iTunes

Depending on the number of entrants there may be more prizes.

CONTEST VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA5_dFGDFS8

SO now get out there and makes some music!

Last edited:
Cool!!

Man, I have the perfect song in mind, simple even for a non musician like me...

Great contest idea.

Hey guys,

Well here it is. Post 1000! Now that I am officially a PW I figured a contest is in order.

I have a practically new Bushman Jenny Pineapple that can be yours!

Here are the rules:

1) One video entry per person! Make it count! ;)

2) YOU MUST use an Ukulele! (duh!)

4) At the beginning of your video YOU MUST say, "I am playing the Beatles and want to win a new uke!"

Other than that, GO WILD! In can be an instrumental, a solo uke and vocal performance, with a band, multi-tracked or whatever you want! It can be just like the original or completely revamped. (Anyone picture Something in reggae style? ;) ) Get creative.

JUDGING CRITERIA:

a) Creativity
b) Enthusiasm
c) Talent

This is also the order of importance! To win this contest you don't have to be a great player as long as you are super creative and super enthusiastic! Anyone has a great shot at winning!

HOW TO SUBMIT ENTRIES!
1) Subscribe to my youtube channel HERE!
2) Post the link to your entry in this thread

Prizes:
1st Place: Bushman Jenny Pineapple
2 Runner Ups: The Beatles "1" album from iTunes

Depending on the number of entrants there may be more prizes.

CONTEST VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA5_dFGDFS8

SO now get out there and makes some music!
It says the video is private.

So, then.... Am I correct in my understanding that all entrants must subscribe to your YT channel?

I was very excited to enter this contest then I saw Jugging Criteria "c" :(...

Don't be turned off by that!

The first two are the most important. To win this you need at least a bit of talent and I am sure everyone does.

Let me put it in a different perspective.

What if two people made videos of the same song. Both are very enthusiastic and very original and creative. The difference was that one of them could switch between their chords without stopping and the other one had to interrupt the flow of the song to change chords.

That is when C would kick in.

ANYBODY can win this contest, just do your best! I am going to change C to Effort because I think that is what I originally meant. ;)

whan whan whaaaaaannn

I would love to enter this contest if I didn't SUCK so much! :wallbash:

Awesome of you to do this though. And congrats on 1,000. I'm working my way to 1,000....slowly....very, very slowly. 100 isn't too far off though!!

BTW, Can't wait to see all of the videos, The Beatles are the cat's pajamas!!

That's an awesome contest, we're going to try and get something up for this.

BTW awesome website, when did you get that up?

All you need is love

OK here is my entry. I was in the Paris riots during the the french student
rebellion in the 60's when this came out. I ran away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYgSgOJWGKs

Recorded in Garageband. Details of tracks layed down in the video.

Someone had to get the show on the road.

Quick Question...

Re: 3

Can it be a George Harrison solo song? Just curious how loose you want to be defining "Beatles." "Yesterday" could arguably be a Paul solo song, since it's just him and his Epiphone (Yet it still has Lennon's name on it. Go figure.).

I would assume as long as it is released under the name "Beatles" on a Beatles album, it would be considered Beatles.

I would assume as long as it is released under the name "Beatles" on a Beatles album, it would be considered Beatles.

I was wondering, also.... By "Beatles song", does it mean just released on a Beatles album? Or written by the Beatles? They recorded a lot of cover songs, early on....

Clarification, TJF?

^^^^

This is correct.

Any song that the Beatles have done on ANY album that was released under the band name, "The Beatles".

I'll clarify that in the op.

^^^^

This is correct.

Any song that the Beatles have done on ANY album that was released under the band name, "The Beatles".

I'll clarify that in the op.

Oh, well... I was gonna do George's "Isn't It A Pity" which is awesome on the uke! No problem. Back to the drawing board... A pity, indeed! :nana:

Top Bottom