is this a good uke

thatguywiththeukulele

Reaction score
is the lanikai lu-21 soprano good and what are some pros and cons

Lanikai pros and cons

I've got that ukulele and it is my only one. It is playable and looks to be well made. It stays in tune. The geared tuners make it a little heavy at the top, but cheap geared tuners are probably better than cheap friction tuners. It looks nice. It sounds OK to me, not fantastic but good for a low-end instrument. I think it's fine to learn on.

The only con I can think of is that it isn't solid wood so it won't improve with age. It's a cheap, fun ukulele.

I'm not sure with the sopranos,but LU-21C (Concert) quite Good for a begginer and semi-pro i think.

My husband got one of those and it really is what was my gateway drug to my ukulele need.
Another thing that is nice is they come with Aquila strings already so you won't find yourself switching.

Those Lanikais are perfectly good budget ukes. I've had a go on a soprano and a tenor. They seemed fine to me.

The only con I can think of is that it isn't solid wood so it won't improve with age. It's a cheap, fun ukulele.

The uke may not improve with age, but YOU will, so it will still sound better as time goes on.

The plus side is that if you're not totally careful with the laminated wood, it won't get WORSE with age.

A Lanikai in the hand beats 2 Kamakas in the music store. ;)

Top Bottom