fort myers sw florida jams

davedavedave

Reaction score
is there anybody out there representin the uke in sw florida? davedavedave is always up for a jam. it doesnt matter how good you are as long as you give it an honest try. desire over theory 4 sure .throw me a line .well get down to some stone cold grooves....

is there anybody out there representin the uke in sw florida? davedavedave is always up for a jam. it doesnt matter how good you are as long as you give it an honest try. desire over theory 4 sure .throw me a line .well get down to some stone cold grooves....

Waiting on delivery of my first ukulele and I start taking lessons next week, but I do live in Ft. Myers. Just wondering if you know of any groups or meet-ups in our area.....for when I get off the ground a bit?

Truckie561... who do you like for beginner lessons in Fort Myers? What do they charge? Thanks...

to you folks from swfl..Someone is doing a group in Naples, but it seems it's really group lessons not a club, I think at a local surf shop (15 smackers). I just started a new group in Punta Gorda that meets 2nd Sundays at 2 for reg jam and 2nd & 4th Sundays at one for beginners. We are just getting going and would love new members. No charge of course, just learning together and entertaining ourselves. There are not too many uke groups down our way. I go up to Sarasota to play with the Sandfleas and to Tampa for TBUS (big group). Tampa is a haul for me and would be a crazier drive from FM. That's why I decided to start a club locally. I'm not much of an organizer, but when you gotta uke, you gotta uke. You can check out most of these groups on meetup.com. Also, check out Guitar Army (actually instruments of any kind welcome) at Gilchrist Park, downtown PG along the Charlotte Harbor every Thurs nite, year round. Join one of the circles, take your turn to play a song and also jam in with others when they are playing. Lots of fun. I go there every so often and play, very forgiving crowd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom