Tears in heaven Uke version

i kinda tabbed out a similar version to this but i only did the intro
heres the video i kinda did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRG9WXroJOs&feature=related

if you want the tabs just tell me and i'll post them up here
oh yea if you guys want the tabs to the other version i'll be more than happy to tab it out as much as possible just give me a few days

Hey guys, I've spent some time over the past couple of days transcribing Paul Luongo's version from the link that Fatboicorp posted when he started this thread. I contacted Paul and he was up for me taking a crack at it. I have completed my first draft and sent it off to him to get his input. I can't post the tab until he is comfortable that it represents his performance adequately but this Midi File will give you an idea of what it will be like.

There are a couple of things that make this arrangement stand out and sound good that I didn't pick up on the first few times I watched the video. The first being that Paul tunes his G String tenor to ADF#B with a Low A. He is from Canada (and quite possibly has participated in the Langley Institute where James Hill studied) and this tuning is sort of a standard with them.

The second thing is that the original song is in the key of A major. So this arrangement is in the original key and the higher tuning just provides a beauty that isn't quite the same with GCEA tuning.

Hopefully, Paul will find some time to offer his input and we can get the tab posted for those interested.

sweetness. Pretty sure he isn't left-handed, though, considering that the DC symbol on his shirt is reversed. maybe he wanted it to be harder for us to copy. :D

oh yeah, Dominator, thanks again for all your hard work!! keeping our uke-minded minds at ease!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 2
sweetness. Pretty sure he isn't left-handed, though, considering that the DC symbol on his shirt is reversed. maybe he wanted it to be harder for us to copy. :D

Oh yeah, I meant to say something about this in my post. Paul says he doesn't know why his camera is doing this but he is indeed right handed. I'm guessing it must have something to do with the software he's using to edit and upload his vids.

garrens das his camera dat flipped everything...

i kinda tabbed out a similar version to this but i only did the intro
heres the video i kinda did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRG9WXroJOs&feature=related

if you want the tabs just tell me and i'll post them up here
oh yea if you guys want the tabs to the other version i'll be more than happy to tab it out as much as possible just give me a few days

hey i would love it if you could tab this intro out.
thanks
Jesse

Top Bottom