Oscar Schmidt OU240SWK

Jason Renzi

Reaction score
I've had my OU240SWK for almost a month now, and I must say I absolutely LOVE it.
Mostly for it's feel. It is genuinely a pleasure to play.
The only negative thing I would say about it is it's not very loud. Just like the OU5 I have, the open tones are very strong and resonant, but when the higher you go up the neck the less it projects.
Also there are a few cosmetic manufacturing defects, on the fret edges, and in the finish.
But overall I'm very happy with it. I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

I wonder if there's some quality control issues with Oscar Schmidt as far as finishes and the like go.
I was able to score an OU3 very cheaply a few weeks ago because of some minor flaws. But I am plenty fond of my "Schmidty" and think the quality of sound is pretty good. I essentially bought it because I knew I was getting an exceptional deal and thought for that price it could be a beater if I wanted, but it turns out that I really do like this baby and won't disrespect it like that.

I have an OS-240-SWK solid mahogany that is an absolutely wonderful instrument but it does lack volume projection...it has a more mellow sound...:D

Top Bottom