MGM appreciation thread.

Let me add one more small voice to the choir. MGM you rule!

MGM is great he responds to his emails quickly, always works with accessories to your ukulele purchases, has the biggest variety of instruments and ships asap.

Only wish UPS would ship faster, then we can make an appreciation thread for them but i highly doubt that'll happen haha.

MGM is great he responds to his emails quickly, always works with accessories to your ukulele purchases, has the biggest variety of instruments and ships asap.

Only wish UPS would ship faster, then we can make an appreciation thread for them but i highly doubt that'll happen haha.

Dude, the concept of a UPS appreciation thread just made me LOL. Seriously.

It's great to see that this new forum allows even more people to experience the Aloha that MGM is all about. He is simply one of a kind. And don't let him kid you, he is a great musician to boot.

It's great to see that this new forum allows even more people to experience the Aloha that MGM is all about. He is simply one of a kind. And don't let him kid you, he is a great musician to boot.

It's gotten to the point that he's one of the "things" I want to go see when I eventually make it down to Hawaii.

Two ukes (and probably counting) from MGM. He's a blessing... and a curse. :D

Oh, and I blame him for my ultimately deciding to low G the Pono with some Worths. ;)

Two ukes (and probably counting) from MGM. He's a blessing... and a curse. :D

Oh, and I blame him for my ultimately deciding to low G the Pono with some Worths. ;)

The Worth junkie in me says... never blame anyone for forcing Worths on you. You'll see the light yet. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Just for that I'm gonna go put aquilas on my Risa uke-solid concert stick. I have a spare set.

Seriously I wonder what that would do. It would liven it up, but string noise and that pickup... hmmm....

So true, Tad, so true. :D Mike Pereira swears by Worths. I went with his recommendation and man, was I blown away! Absolutely the best strings I've tried, hands down!

And about MGM, I completely agree: he's da man!

Last edited:
So true, Tad, so true. :D Mike Pereira swears by Worths. I went with his recommendation and man, was I blown away! Absolutely the best strings I've tried, hands down!

And about MGM, I completely agree: he's da man!

I impulse-bought a Mitchell MU-70 at Guitar Center-- big mistake. I was almost immediately disappointed. I hated the sound of it.

I was all ready to sell it on ebay for a loss, when I decided to put some Worth CM's on it. I had 'em on my KA-S, I liked 'em, the tone, the finger-feel, everything.

The Mitchell still don't sing like the Kala, but I'm holding onto it for the time being. It's all about the strings.

Hy... I"ll join the chorus, too!

Thanks a ton, MGM. No clue where I'd spend too much time looking at ukes that I can't afford and buying strings, cases, and ukes that I can afford (and 'need') if it weren't for you.

Thanks a ton for all you do. And it's great to hear from you here.

UPS just today drove up to my house with a box from MGM. My new pono tenor. It's a beauty, but the string spacing is taking a bit to get used to. I can't seem to make a clean barre chord to save my life. No problems on my concert or on my guitars that I have played for years, but this little thing seems to have a string right where I have a joint and no matter what I do, at least one string is muted instead of fretted.

Not the Uke's fault. It is beautiful and has a nice mellow tone and arrived in perfecto condition.

Thanks Michael

lol i can see it now, MGM's uke sales increase haha. it's what happens when you get an awesome merchant to deal with that goes out of his way for his customers :) thanks MGM!

i bought my latest ukulele (Bugsgear Eleuke) from Mike just recently. i'm sure i'll be shopping at his place again.

MIKE BRINGS TEH RAWK!!1!!1 \m/ \m/

Top Bottom