Got my 1st Mainland today!!

phanzo

Reaction score
Howdy Undegroundlings!

For months I have been drooling over Mainlands. Everything I had ever read was great and for the price I felt like I was obliged to buy one. As of 9:00 this morning, I am a Mainland owner.

I bought a factory 2nd, Honeybee Soprano w/undersaddle pickup from a fellow UU'er. It has a scratch or 2 and a couple small blemishes when you look very close. The Mainland logo on the headstock is green and the rope binding is a little faded at the spot where my hand hits when strumming. Besides that, it's AWESOME!

My first uke was a Lanikai pineapple but I bought a concert shortly after and really hadnt played the pineapple much since. I was a little skeptical on getting a soprano again since I like the concert so much and have been shopping for a "K brand" tenor for the last 4-5 months.

I am SO HAPPY I got the soprano. I love it. It has such a full sound. It's probably as loud as my concert. The pickup works great, I recorded just a little bit in Pro Tools and it sounds really nice. I'm not a very great player so I dont see myself posting any vids or audio anytime soon but just know that it sounds AMAZING. For the price I paid, I couldn't be happier.

I only got to play for a couple hours this morning bc I had to go to work but I promise I will be playing all night as soon as I get home tonight.

They're strung with Worth clears right now, which I had never used. I have always used Aquilas in the past so I really want to try them on there but a lot of people have been talking about Worth's lately so we'll see. I want to find out what other Mainland soprano owners are using and see if I can find a retailer here in Phoenix.

Anywho, long story short. Despite the few blemishes and dings, this factory 2nd is no. 1 in my heart (cheesy I know, but true). I LOVE IT! Great sound, great intonation, great playability, great setup (which came from Mike at Mainland). Just great all around. There's a couple fret edges that seems a bit sharp but that doesn't bother me a bit! If I had paid $900 for it, yea I would care. For $170, this thing is the CAT'S PAJAMAS!!! Thank you Mainland for rocking my soprano socks off!!

Congrats fellow Honeybee owner!! Oh, and you know the drill...PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! :p

...I'm not a very great player so I dont see myself posting any vids or audio anytime soon...

Neither am I, but that doesn't stop me...it shouldn't stop you, either. We would love to see a video.

Howdy Undegroundlings!

For months I have been drooling over Mainlands. Everything I had ever read was great and for the price I felt like I was obliged to buy one. As of 9:00 this morning, I am a Mainland owner.

I bought a factory 2nd, Honeybee Soprano w/undersaddle pickup from a fellow UU'er. It has a scratch or 2 and a couple small blemishes when you look very close. The Mainland logo on the headstock is green and the rope binding is a little faded at the spot where my hand hits when strumming. Besides that, it's AWESOME!

My first uke was a Lanikai pineapple but I bought a concert shortly after and really hadnt played the pineapple much since. I was a little skeptical on getting a soprano again since I like the concert so much and have been shopping for a "K brand" tenor for the last 4-5 months.

I am SO HAPPY I got the soprano. I love it. It has such a full sound. It's probably as loud as my concert. The pickup works great, I recorded just a little bit in Pro Tools and it sounds really nice. I'm not a very great player so I dont see myself posting any vids or audio anytime soon but just know that it sounds AMAZING. For the price I paid, I couldn't be happier.

I only got to play for a couple hours this morning bc I had to go to work but I promise I will be playing all night as soon as I get home tonight.

They're strung with Worth clears right now, which I had never used. I have always used Aquilas in the past so I really want to try them on there but a lot of people have been talking about Worth's lately so we'll see. I want to find out what other Mainland soprano owners are using and see if I can find a retailer here in Phoenix.

Anywho, long story short. Despite the few blemishes and dings, this factory 2nd is no. 1 in my heart (cheesy I know, but true). I LOVE IT! Great sound, great intonation, great playability, great setup (which came from Mike at Mainland). Just great all around. There's a couple fret edges that seems a bit sharp but that doesn't bother me a bit! If I had paid $900 for it, yea I would care. For $170, this thing is the CAT'S PAJAMAS!!! Thank you Mainland for rocking my soprano socks off!!
Congrats! You will lcherish every moment you have with your Mainland. I know I do.

Top Bottom