Finally The Story Can Be Told

Captain_Lovehandles

Reaction score
From another thread, about Citrus and his busking adventure:

I have a cool story along these same lines, but I can't tell it quite yet.

C'mon, Captain! Out with it!
Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana - Let the story be told!

Here goes.

Southeast Ukers may remember Joe and Gloria from the SE UkeTogether. Today UkeRepublic and I provided the music for their wedding, all on uke. Joe didn't know there was going to be uke music, and didn't know I was coming, so it has been a secret that I couldn't share, in case he checked the boards.

We played Ode To Joy and Something as instrumentals and I played and sang a song, Marc Broussard's Hope For Me Yet. We also sorta took turns freestyling some background music before the ceremony. UkeRep snuck in a thinly disguised version of Country Boy Can Survive as one of his.

Here in GA, an opportunity to play uke at a wedding doesn't come around too often. It was a real treat and honor for me.

Pix as we get 'em.

Last edited:
Haha! So that was the big secret. Awesome. Post pics when you get 'em!

Here goes.

Southeast Ukers may remember Joe and Gloria from the SE UkeTogether. Today UkeRepublic and I provided the music for their wedding, all on uke. Joe didn't know there was going to be uke music, and didn't know I was coming, so it has been a secret that I couldn't share, in case he checked the boards.

We played Ode To Joy and Something as instrumentals and I played and sang a song, Marc Broussard's Hope For Me Yet. We also sorta took turns freestyling some background music before the ceremony. UkeRep snuck in a thinly disguised version of Country Boy Can Survive as one of his.

Here in GA, an opportunity to play uke at a wedding doesn't come around too often. It was a real treat and honor for me.

Pix as soon as we get 'em.

I heard it was GREAT!!!

wow! What a secret!!! I thought Joe and Gloria were already married :D So apparently they didn't. Anyways, I would have loved to have played or at least seen you all play :D

Nice pic! Looks like it was a lovely day.

Is that an ukulele cake? Awesome!!! :D

Here goes.

Pix as we get 'em.

The Cap'n sings and plays soooo good. It was way fun and would do it again. Free food and green iced tea, Yeah C'mon!

Top Bottom