Paranormal Activity

Pikopiko

Reaction score
Wow...you must not watch that many scary movies then. :uhoh: :p

I seen this yesterday afternoon. I thought it was better than the "Blair Witch Project", and 100% more entertaining then "Where The Wild Things Are" (which I seen the day before), but I really didn't find this that scary. The most entertaining part was watching my fellow audience members freak out at the most predictable parts. :rotfl:

The one thing that really bugged me about the movie was the bedroom scenes. I would think that the woman would have changed places with the man since she was closest to the door. Don't women want men to protect them, i.e. put them closer to the door in case a burglar enters the room, so the man gets attacked first? Ladies what's your input?

It just seems the director put her closer to the door so they could do the special effects easier. Just my :2cents: .

I actually watch TONS of horror movies.
But I'm just a big chicken. lol, so I set myself up for these things.

and yeah, you would think they would sleep with the door CLOSED at least.

I saw this movie the other day, and I have to say it's one of the best scary movies i've seen in a long time. The ending was a bit cheesy to me, but after some reasearch I discovered that there were 3 different endings. The original ending is far scarier than the one that is in theaters now. And the third ending that they screened in only one theater is completely messed up. I've only read about it, there doesn't seem to be a video online. But you can find the original ending online.

I think what scared me the most about the movie is that the events weren't gory crazy Hollywood ideas. They were things that can happen to anyone (some of those things have happened to me). Sometimes more is less, I guess. They're planning a sequel. Let's hope it doesnt go the way of The Blair Witch 2.

I saw this movie the other day, and I have to say it's one of the best scary movies i've seen in a long time. The ending was a bit cheesy to me, but after some reasearch I discovered that there were 3 different endings. The original ending is far scarier than the one that is in theaters now. And the third ending that they screened in only one theater is completely messed up. I've only read about it, there doesn't seem to be a video online. But you can find the original ending online.

I think what scared me the most about the movie is that the events weren't gory crazy Hollywood ideas. They were things that can happen to anyone (some of those things have happened to me). Sometimes more is less, I guess. They're planning a sequel. Let's hope it doesnt go the way of The Blair Witch 2.

I liked it because they did a lot with such a low budget. I guess I've never had anything like that happen to me, so I didn't find it that scary. I'll say again, Paranormal Activity was WAY better than the Blair Witch Project.

My aunt claims to have lived in a haunted house in Illinois before I was born. She would see a ghost of a murdered woman standing at the foot of her bed at night. I keep asking her to take me by the house when I'm down their but she refuses. LOL.

Saw it last Friday

Girlfriend really wanted to go. Had a great time. Made me jump a couple of times. Thought it was pretty good. No gore, just tension that keeps ramping up. Good movies don't have to cost millions of dollars.

I'm still consiplating if i should go watch this or not
50% of the people i talk to say it was awesome
the pther 50% say it sucked, and is all hype

whats the truth!?

is it even in theaters anymore?

It's not a bad movie at all, really. But it is being way, WAY over-hyped as the scariest movie ever made. That is complete Bullsh%t. If you go just realize that the movie is low budget and you will be fine. I seen the movie "Where the Wild Things Are" the day before Paranormal Activity, and I thought Paranormal Activity was more entertaining to be honest.

Last edited:
I'm still consiplating if i should go watch this or not
50% of the people i talk to say it was awesome
the pther 50% say it sucked, and is all hype

whats the truth!?

is it even in theaters anymore?

There's definitely a crapload of hype about this movie. I don't think it's the scariest movie ever made, but you could probably say it's a contender for the scariest low budget movie ever made. I enjoyed it and it freaked me out. Just don't go in expecting Hollywood gore.

Considering I watch a lot of "I filmed a ghost see if you see anything" video's and a lot of T.A.P.'s on Sy-Fy it wasn't overly scary but it doesn't mean it's bad, and it wasn't, it wasn't good either. I wouldn't waste money on it, instead wait for The fourth kind which I actually want to see. Don't go into this movie expecting much, go into it pretending this actually happened and you'll be freaked out at the end :).

Considering I watch a lot of "I filmed a ghost see if you see anything" video's and a lot of T.A.P.'s on Sy-Fy it wasn't overly scary but it doesn't mean it's bad, and it wasn't, it wasn't good either. I wouldn't waste money on it, instead wait for The fourth kind which I actually want to see. Don't go into this movie expecting much, go into it pretending this actually happened and you'll be freaked out at the end :).

I just saw the Fourth Kind today. Yeah, I would agree, if you have to choose between the two definitely go see the Fourth Kind. I'm more of a UFO nut then a ghost believer, so I don't know if that tainted my interest; but it is way more interesting and more "scarier".

i don't know what people thought was scary about that movie. i wasn't even creeped out. more annoyed than anything. i was thinking the same thing about the girl sleeping on the door side of the room. my girl won't sleep on the door side and my place isn't even really that haunted. i didn't like how they kept on going "what the f was that?!" "what the f was that?!" "what the f was that?!" by the end of the movie i was rooting for the demon. i bet they used all that extra budget to pay movie critics.

I thought the movie was going to be a lot scarier personally. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't as scary. The movie kept me entertained though.

I think the most fun is the reaction of the people around you in the theater. hehe

Top Bottom