View Full Version : Congratulations Ken Middleton

Pippin
10-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Congratulations Ken:

You won the Kala Soprano Travel Uke!!!

brickerenator
10-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Yay for Ken!

One of these days, I'd like to just spend all day and watch every single one of his videos.

UKISOCIETY
10-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Ken is a winner, regardless. Yay for Ken!:)

ukeshale
10-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Congratulations!

seeso
10-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Whoo hooo! Congrats, Ken!

phanzo
10-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Congrats Ken!!

I was just looking at those travel ukes yesterday. How did he win it?

pamelamama
10-24-2009, 04:10 PM
congrats, Ken!

JT_Ukes
10-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Yay! Cool for Ken! How did it happen?

Boozelele
10-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Ken needs more ukes? Congrats Ken!

Pippin
10-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Yay! Cool for Ken! How did it happen?

I'll explain this really fast...

We have a Kala Uke Give-A-Way in each issue of Ukulele Player Magazine. We use a random number generator to pick the winner from our database of contest entries. Once you have entered, you are in every subsequent contest, but, if you ever win, then we flag your name and you won't win a second time.

This issue, the random number generator picked number 276, which just happened to be Ken Middleton.

So, congratulations Ken.

Of course, in my book, every ukulele player is a winner and every member at Ukulele Underground is a Winner, too.

UKISOCIETY
10-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Ken needs more ukes? Congrats Ken!

Ken???! What about MY needs!!???:mad:

thejumpingflea
10-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Ken???! What about MY needs!!???:mad:

You have 50 bajillion plastic ukes to fulfill those.

uke552
10-24-2009, 04:44 PM
WTG Ken! :music:

phanzo
10-24-2009, 05:07 PM

We have a Kala Uke Give-A-Way in each issue of Ukulele Player Magazine. We use a random number generator to pick the winner from our database of contest entries. Once you have entered, you are in every subsequent contest, but, if you ever win, then we flag your name and you won't win a second time.

This issue, the random number generator picked number 276, which just happened to be Ken Middleton.

So, congratulations Ken.

Of course, in my book, every ukulele player is a winner and every member at Ukulele Underground is a Winner, too.

Damn, I didnt even know that UPM existed! How do I get it? Is it online only or is it in print as well?

EDIT: Nevermind, sorry. I read an issue a while back and just completely forgot about it! Thanks for doing it, I will be sure to read all of the issues, past, present, and future. THANKS!

Pippin
10-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Damn, I didnt even know that UPM existed! How do I get it? Is it online only or is it in print as well?

The URL is in my signature.

We are quckly approaching our first anniversary.

phanzo
10-24-2009, 05:23 PM

We are quickly approaching our first anniversary.

Awesome, I just signed up for the giveaways. I love the look of those travel ukes. Maybe I'll get lucky with next month's tenor!!

Hobgoblin Steve
10-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Congrats Ken!

mds725
10-24-2009, 07:32 PM

How does one get into the database of contest entries? Thanks!

mds725
10-24-2009, 07:39 PM

Sorry for being dense ... where on the page for that URL is there a place to sign up for email messages and contests? The only thing I've been able to find on that page is the area that lets people submit information about upcoming events, etc.

Mr. Miyagi
10-24-2009, 08:42 PM
WooHoo! Congrats Ken! Can't wait to see the video!:D

bbycrts
10-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't want Ken to get in trouble with Ohana for accepting a Kala uke, so why don't you just go ahead and send it along to me? Thanks so much!

(and congrats, Ken!)

ukantor
10-24-2009, 11:18 PM
At the recent "Ukes Galore" event in Kidderminster, UK, the wife of the Kala rep. won the Ohana prize uke, presented by Ken Middleton. Now the Ohana rep., Ken Middleton, wins the Kala prize uke - the balance of the universe is restored.

Ukantor.

Skrik
10-24-2009, 11:53 PM

This means you're going to Deach us all, innit?

Playscool39
10-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Congrats Ken! Can we expect a review soon?

mokai
10-25-2009, 12:44 AM
sounds like plankton is getting his hands on a krabby patty! ;)

Pippin
10-25-2009, 01:09 AM
How does one get into the database of contest entries? Thanks!

In each issue there is a page that gives you the URL for the entry. Fill in the form and hit the "submit" button. I take care of the rest.

JT_Ukes
10-25-2009, 02:28 AM
Congratulations Ken:

You won the Kala Soprano Travel Uke!!!

Cool for Ken!

I know of the mag and enter each month

But your post didn't reference either so that was the reasom for the questions.

Great Magazine, should be a little more proactive with promoting it though, and offer an rss feed subscription.

JT

Pippin
10-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Cool for Ken!

I know of the mag and enter each month

But your post didn't reference either so that was the reasom for the questions.

Great Magazine, should be a little more proactive with promoting it though, and offer an rss feed subscription.

JT

In the pro-active part... I understand that promotion goes a long way, but it also takes a lot of time and that is something I really don't have. I have a day job, a publishing company, and teach fly tying, photography, play music, write songs, write books. So, when there is time at some future point, I hope to get more promotional work done and work on getting more advertising.

Until then, I don't have a lot of free time.

We are getting ready to make a big push promoting my last book and that might take some time away from other things.

Ken Middleton
10-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. The ukulele looks really nice. I have played one before and they are a lovely instrument. I look forward to receiving it.

Yes, I shall be doing a review and I already know that it will be favourable.

Yes, I know I already have a lot of ukuleles. Because of that, I'll be giving away one of my other ukes. It won't be a competition, but I will let you know the details as soon as I get permission to announce on UU. I'll also announce it on Cosmos.

Big thank you to Mike Upton for donating the prize. Many hanks to Pippin for organising the competition and for his wonderful magazine.

drtortoise
10-25-2009, 05:02 AM
In the pro-active part... I understand that promotion goes a long way, but it also takes a lot of time and that is something I really don't have. I have a day job, a publishing company, and teach fly tying, photography, play music, write songs, write books. So, when there is time at some future point, I hope to get more promotional work done and work on getting more advertising.

Until then, I don't have a lot of free time.

We are getting ready to make a big push promoting my last book and that might take some time away from other things.
Hi, I'm a web developer /digital media student, get in touch if you need some help setting up and rss feed and make a more user fiendly website out of it. My website is http://www.lindasandvik.info

and congrats Ken! Currently working my way through all your videos, thank you so much =)

Ronnie Aloha
10-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Ken, you are a most deserving winner. You have given much back to the 'ukulele community and we all appreciate your efforts.