kala Solid koa soprano...Larivee 10K wood?

MGM

Reaction score
Kala has made a handful of Solid soprano pro deluxe ukuleles with wood that was purchased from Larivee which was going to be used on their 10k models until they stopped making ukuleles. Great value as these are correctly built beautiful solid curly wood sopranos with all one piece fronts and backs. Ebony fretboards which are bound.

heres a photo
20091024_0436_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
That is one beautiful ukulele. MGM has more pictures in the listing. Sucks to be poor.

They are nice looking but that price is pretty high for a Chinese made uke. The koa is stunning though.

Yeah, the price is pushing it, considering you can get a Keli'i for less, and a KoAloha for fifty bucks more. But the koa is exceptionally pretty!

What's the story on keli'I? Are they hawaiian or high quality import?

They're made in Hawai'i; a little less bling than the other K-brands (headstock decal instead of inlay, etc), but they're awesome and way under-rated. Supposedly the owner of the company cut back on production in order to focus on Koa Pili Koko (the acacia import line). Only an industry insider like MGM would know for sure what's up with them at this point.

They're made in Hawai'i; a little less bling than the other K-brands (headstock decal instead of inlay, etc), but they're awesome and way under-rated. Supposedly the owner of the company cut back on production in order to focus on Koa Pili Koko (the acacia import line). Only an industry insider like MGM would know for sure what's up with them at this point.

Hmmm. Mele has headstock decal and I was told it was a cost saving decision. I wonder if the keli'I is fully made in hawaii or majority made. I'd like one and the price is great.

Top Bottom