big island ukulele co.

Pretty decent ukulele. I think they are a little high in price b/c you can get a Mele for a little less but the koa is great quality. They are made in vietnam and I think the headstocks are pretty neat looking. You shouldn't be disappointed. They are light and sound pretty good. One of the better imports.

I have a Big Island concert that I love. When I first got it I thought it sounded a little thin but it has since really grown on me. I got mine from MGM and it plays great. I liked it enough to buy myself a tenor (which should arrive on Wednesday!!!!!!!).

To add to John's post, I also have a Mele tenor (thanks again John!) and I love it as well. It's got a really thin neck which took a little getting used to but it sounds great. I think you would be happy with either of these ukes.

I too have a Honu concert (just the traditional one) that I absolutely love. I was and still am very impressed by how well made it is and how great it sounds. Especially for the price, which I think it far exceeds.

Top Bottom