Which electric Koa uke?

nickxjones

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade at some point and would love to have a pickup built in to my uke. I'm looking for an electric concert koa ukulele under $400. Any suggestions? Is it possible to get a solid top koa uke for this price, or am I crazy?

I know lanikai makes a uke with a solid koa top and laminate koa back and sides, i think its called Lanikai NKC, c for concert, it does not come with a pickup but its $300 and if u get a pickup installed it should be around $400

Luna High Tide Solid Koa Concert Ukulele with Preamp - around $230

My husband had a Kamaka that was stolen. We couldn't afford another $900 to replace it so I did some research and purchased a Luna High Tide Concert Ukulele for him. It's solid Koa and has a built in Preamp.

He will miss his Kamaka forever, but the Luna is the best buy for the money, it's got great sound and craftsmanship. Go to their website and check out the company. We are very impressed for the price, and I'm thinking of getting another before the company stops making these wonderful (and affordable) instruments.

My husband had a Kamaka that was stolen. We couldn't afford another $900 to replace it so I did some research and purchased a Luna High Tide Concert Ukulele for him. It's solid Koa and has a built in Preamp.

He will miss his Kamaka forever, but the Luna is the best buy for the money, it's got great sound and craftsmanship. Go to their website and check out the company. We are very impressed for the price, and I'm thinking of getting another before the company stops making these wonderful (and affordable) instruments.

Here is link to Luna, it advertises it as "all koa" not "solid koa". many sellers like Amazon mis-interpreting this. This believe this uke is not "solid koa", although it is a great sounding, great looking uke for the money.

http://www.lunaguitars.com/acousticproduct/htcuke.php

Top Bottom