Ukulele Love story MGM

MGM

Reaction score
Since I just recently started posting here i think i will share my ukulele love story. In my younger days I was a brash,daring Dj and Musicians in many Hawaii Nightclubs. I met a young lady who I will tell you about later who said " it was my first night here in hawaii and we walked into a nightclub. sitting at a table a young man approached me ..jumped into my lap and said 'you're going to be my girlfirend"..well she did become my girl but dumped me after 6 months for being to much of a player.lol Time warp to about 27 years later and this brash man was now a ill lonely person. I had suffered my third major liver failure and almost passed away, Having end stage liver disease, filing for bankrupcy as a general contractor all I was left with was my musical instrument collection. No Job, No Money. and bedriidden. well slowly as I gained strength I need some Kala...no can live on air,, so I started selling off my guitar and ukulele collection...not on ebay but things like craigslist, paper ads, etc. realizing there was an end to it if I keep selling. One spot I sold things on was the Flea Market Music Ukulele Marketplace....I used my real name back then..Now back to the girl..Both of us marrying and getting divorced she was living in Virginia with her four daughters..me home back with my parents sick in bed. I just started learning the computor to do these things when my first official IM appeared...and it was from HER! She toyed with me since my memory was not so good in my ill state and it was so frustrating since she knew everything about me and i had no recollection. Well the im and emails progressed and we hit it off again..me finally realizing who she was. She told me that she wanted to get UKULELES for her daughters since she lived here for 13 years after she left me and thats when she saw my name in the marketplace ad. Well the rest is easy...Now I am a happy ball and chain man meeting by chance one of my old romances 28 years later...all because of the ukulele...so now you know why I have a Virginia phone number and live in Kaneohe Hawaii...a question frequently asked...as for ebay and selling ukuleles ...thats a whole nother story except I can say I started with no money. a borrowed credit card ( bankruptcy..no credit) and a borrowed digital camera...Ahhh isn;t love grand

Dude, that's a sweet story...

Also, gotta say, Virginia's an ukulele wasteland. Although there is now a dealer in a consigned space in Richmond. Even still...

You give hope to those of us who still pine for the sweet, simple relationships of our youth...

That's definitely one for the books, MGM! Great story. :)

I have a uke love story too. My lovely lady gave me my first uke on our 5th anniversary. :D Talk about true love. Only problem is, ever since then, she says I've been cheating on her with my uke! :D

Are you doing ok now MGM? My husband and I also had a bit of an internet romance, but it was a time before chat rooms, a time before html and the web even, back when you used to have to type and use things like telnet and gopher.

Whenever she feels like the house has turned into "Attack of the ukuleles" just tell her not to hate the playa, hate the game. :)

Wow Mic that was an amazing story. I would never have known meeting you. You're such an upbeat guy!

Sweet story MGM! :)

Cool story Mic. My love story is not even close. It just involves a beautiful woman that knows how much I like to play and never complains when I want to buy a new ukulele. Gotta love her....

That's beautiful, MGM!

AS for me, there's no ukulele in my love story. But it could be a prominent feature in any future divorce! :)

wow... goes to show that lots of good things and bad things happen to everyone. maybe it was karma, sort of balancing out your life. Really great of you to share something so personal. :D

Well Mic,

My ukulele love story is much simpler. I am now in love with the Pono tenor Uke I bought from you on ebay. It showed up today and it's a winner! Thanks and thanks for posting your story. Very inspiring.

-----

Kool story indeed! But I don't this this is the Ebay MGM. Right?

-----

I have a love story that concerns MGM, a Pono tenor, and making me hear Low G tuning. The result is that my Pono is leaving high G Aquilas for Low G Worths. That's MGM's fault. :D

It's all good, my koa concert flea will stay high G.

Well I just gave in and bought KALA KA-KTE-CT KOA w/CEDAR TOP TENOR UKULELE from MGM. Then thought I would search out MGM here on the forum, and found this post. I feel even better about my purchase. What a story, strums my hearts strings :D All the best to you bradda.

Thanks MGM

thanks for sharring :D

i guess it defines the purpose of small things give great rewards << i think i just made that up then, but it makes sense right??

glad it all turned out good in the end :)

do u still look at ukuleles the same after it brought you happiness =]

umm... looking at the dates, i didn't know it was so old hahaha.. i dont remember it.

And now look at you mic. Your hear with a huge family at UU and your one of the biggest ukulele dealers on the web. bravo dude. seriously I am proud to be able to be on the same forums as you. You really are an inspiration.

as for my love story.....well..im too young for that...and.....girls dont like me cuz im really big and tall! lol, so my one true love is the uke!

Top Bottom