How to deal with UAS?

UkeMan09

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just bought my first prescription for UAS. Its a Kala Soprano Flame Mahogany from MGM and I CANT WAIT for it to come. How do you guys deal with waiting? It's hardly been an hour and I still am eager! :iwant:

-UM :shaka:

Well, from what I've seen, once you reach about 10 ukes, you start to lose a bit of the purchasing urge. At about 20 ukes you lose even more of the urge to buy. And at about 30, you've probably already got everything you want and dont really want to make too many more purchases. So UAS cures itself. :)

I usually spend the time preparing for the new uke. Order some more strings, get a humidifier lined up. If you don't have a case for it, there is always shopping for a new case. It also helps to figure out where you are going to store the new uke, and adjust your belongings accordingly. And, there is always shopping for another uke.

Practicing on your other ukes is also a very good distraction.

–Lori

How old are you? If over 21 a single malt Scotch works wonders along with watching rising 'ukulele stars on Youtube. ;)

Let's see... I purchase new sheets for the bassinet. I look through the baby book name to find the proper name for the little bundle of joy. I practice staying up late, because inevitably the new little guy is going to want to be up into the wee hours, cradled in my arms. My wife calls it nesting. I just call it being ready for New Uke Day.

Feed your fire

the title of this thread should have been: How to fuel UAS

think of UAS as a campfire... you just threw some flame mahogany on the fire... do you think it's going to go away? I think not!..

once you receive the ukulele.. you will realize how nice it is...then you'll feel the UAS burning.. :uhoh:

I have woken this morning from the bad dream that the cute inexpensive one that is supposed to arrive today (I'll be surprised if it does) was something entirely different than represented, horrible, unplayable, and part cardboard.
Very, very sad.

To get over the waiting phase the ONLY thing I've found is to get completely prepared for the joyous new arrival! Think of it as having a baby...start choosing a name, get the place it is going to live ready, shop for new accessories, if you have other kids make sure they are ready and looking their best, get the "birthing" kit ready, i.e. package opening materials, cameras etc. Might want to choose a location for the birth and spruce it up...(you know we want videos!) This should keep you so busy that the time will fly!:D

Mine went into remission after I got my KoAloha Soprano, luckly the shop that support hasn't had anything I just had to have there are several I enjoy playing there but they stay at the store.
The problem now is I have GAS....

Top Bottom