Help a uke brother out

deach

Reaction score
I just got this email through YouTube.
Hi Deach

This is Leroy's wife Terri here...hope you don't mind me getting in touch but wanted to let his friends at UU know he hasn't been about on the site because Leroy (errol4bz) is critically ill in intensive care in hospital. He's had a severe infection on the lung resulting in septacemia causing toxic shock which has affected major organs...He has an ongoing neuro problem which he may or may not have told you guys about... anyway he's a fragile guy and I just wanted to say thanks to you all for all the support and friendship he has gained...he's pretty much house bound and you guys are a part of his lifeline to the outside world. A get well card from you would be great if you could possibly manage it...a real boost when he wakes up. Sorry if this is the wrong place but I can't find passwords etc so I tracked you down like this.
thanks so much for the hours of joy ...he loves the site and is hooked on the uke...(growing collection!
Best wishes
Terri
Leroy Forbes
I.C.U. LEVEL D
Royal Hampshire County Hospital
Winchester Hospital,
Romsey Road, Winchester,
Hampshire,
SO22 5DG
UK

If you could take a moment and send him a card or even post a get well wish on his channel or profile, I am sure he and his wife would really appreciate it.

Here's is Leroy's UU profile
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/member.php?u=6408

and his YouTube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/errol4bz

Oh no. :( Leroy (UkuEroll) is a good UU mate of mine. This is terrible.

Gonna get a card off to him in my lunch break.

Thanks very much, Deach.

Oh boy. Thanks for letting us know, Deach. I can even visit him there, it's only 20 mins from me (if visiting is possible)

That would be great if it turns out to be possible, Sam. If you do get along, please pass on our love.

That would be great if it turns out to be possible, Sam. If you do get along, please pass on our love.

+1 - Leroy's on my friends list too, and seems a great guy. I'll be sending a get well soon card off today as well.

Get well soon UkuEroll! :)

That's really sad. I'll keep a thought set aside for him. I'm gonna send a card off this afternoon on behalf of the forum

I won't be sending for another 4 hours - so If anybody wants something specific written in the card then just drop me a PM

Last edited:
Thank you for posting, Deach.

I'm off to town to get a card. I hope a large collection of new cards will help his recovery. I wonder if they'll let him take his uke in when he's well enough to play?

Get well soon, Leroy :)

Thanks for passing this info along Deach. I've communicated with Leroy privately in the past and he is a good soul no doubt. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Posted get-well wishes in both places. Thanks for letting us know! And for posting on Twitter too--I retweeted.

CountryMouse

Done! Thanks for the heads up, Deach....

up..............................

Done . . . thanks for the heads up.

Done. Thanks Deach.

Top Bottom