Song Help Request GDragon - Butterfly

Pikopiko

Reaction score
Well, I kindof came up with some chords that kindof go with it, but I do need some help fixing it, it sounds a bit funny to me. and figuring out the picking part would be great :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k0GsfWrNh0

Chords I play;
[5433] [5333] [4222] [2213] and sometimes I add in a [0212] at the end.

I'm trying to help but for some reason the video will only load about 3 seconds at any given place then stop...

I had to delete my cookies, working on it now

EDIT: a chicken sandwich opportunity has occured, will recess shortly more working pending my return

Last edited:
Well here's what I've got

[C] - 5433
[C] - 9787
[Csus2] - 0233
[G] - 0232

and on the last G he moves up the A string for the last couple strums with a 3 and a 5

to be honest I'm never 100% sure about what I figure, (especially that Csus2 sounds just a teeny bit not right) but this is what about a half hour got me, I hope you like it. For future reference, here's a couple resources that should help in the future
http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11818
that big thing is the circle of fifths and the general rule is when you find the key (I believe this one is C, but you can tell what the key is by finding the last chord or note as it is what is usually referred to as the resolution chord which is indicative of the key) well, when you find the key use that big wheel as a guide. Find the big corresponding letter and try to not stray to far away from it, like with C, using C, Am, F, and G are good and the extra stuff (numbers, aug, sus dim, and so on [not minors normally]) are generally fair game, especially if it's on the key chord (c this time) sometimes you can use some of the farther away stuff but its much harder to make it sound right.
If you're trying stuff out (like finding numbered letters) then use this
http://www.sheep-entertainment.nl/ukulele/
it will let you know what you find

As for finding what specific chord to use from the most likely candidates, try and play the chords as notes on one string because it will be a lot easier to hear then build around it.
Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir or if it sounds like I'm speaking a foreign language, but when it comes to music theory you can't really guess at what a person's knowledge level is at.

let me know if I can help any more

Edit: forgot to mention, you've got a nice taste in music, I really like that song. If it were otherwise, I'm not to sure how hard I would have worked on it :p

thankyeh :]
I will mostdeff ask for help from you in the future if I need it too, haha

thankyeh :]
I will mostdeff ask for help from you in the future if I need it too, haha

much obliged, but for my money there is no better source than seeso. He's helped me out plenty and is much better at this kind of stuff than me. There's a lot about him that I aspire to as a uke player. But I'm just doing the kind of thing he did for me (plus a lot of learning along the way) for others (perhaps just not as well), you just gotta remember to pay it forward and keep the chain going

Top Bottom