PDA

View Full Version : Mainland Mango Pineapple

Boozelele
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
I got my Mainland Mango Pineapple today and did a quick little video "review" for those of you who were asking about these. You can watch it here (http://www.ukecrazybitches.com/).

(Thanks Mike and Tookta....you guys are the best.) :)

blueUke
10-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Dude... thank u.............

Mine didnt come today!! AYE!!! And that video was what I needed. I've been dying to see what I ordered. The pics on the website are so red. They kinda look like this cheesy red guitar with ribbons that my friend has. I was so worried about that. But I went for it b/c folks love the tone of the mango.

So I really needed to see what I got coming. Thanks for the great video. Looks like I got might have a winner on the way.

And I think you have the same one that I'll get tomorrow. Matte with Ebony Tuners, I think.

I dont think many folks have these. Well, have fun!

Boozelele
10-26-2009, 12:53 PM
The color in the video is the actual color. I was worried that my camera wouldn't show the true color but it did, so no worries.

blueUke
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
What kind of bag did you get for it? Man, I wish mine came today. I am so distracted...........

NatalieLin6
10-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Congrats! It looks and sounds awesome! Mainlands unite!

Playscool39
10-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Congrats, sounds nice!

KC8AFW
10-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Congrats!! I'm really diggin' the sound of those Mainland mangos. So many ukes...so little dough.

Sambient
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Hah! I've not known anyone else to do the balancing thing with their uke. I like doing that with my mere Mitchell.
Your mango pineapple is very very beautiful. Enjoy!

UKISOCIETY
10-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Awesome, Booze. Thanks for that!

If you had peg tuners on it, the headstock would be lighter and the uke more balanced :)

Boozelele
10-26-2009, 04:48 PM
If you had peg tuners on it, the headstock would be lighter and the uke more balanced :)

Really? Aren't you just a genius? I bet if I didn't have ANY tuners it would be even lighter?

(I actually asked Mike about that when I ordered it and he said it wouldn't make that much of a difference. But, yeah i thought the same thing. I actually like the gold tuners...it adds a touch of class..and I can use all the class I can get)

Ahnko Honu
10-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Where do you get Tequila strings, I want some. ;)
I wish it was spalted Mango but that's just me. Looks too much like Mahogany.
Sounds AWESOME though. Love my Cedar top pineapple.

Boozelele
10-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah the color is not what you would expect from mango. But it sure does sound great. (mmm tequila) :)

UKISOCIETY
10-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Really? Aren't you just a genius? I bet if I didn't have ANY tuners it would be even lighter?

(I actually asked Mike about that when I ordered it and he said it wouldn't make that much of a difference. But, yeah i thought the same thing. I actually like the gold tuners...it adds a touch of class..and I can use all the class I can get)

DUDE! Gold is like - SO HEAVY! - no wonder it's top heavy!:rolleyes:

Don't go drivin' around playing that pineapple, mister. That's "Rule 2", you know!:rulez:

Boozelele
10-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I can handle that Fluke embedded in my chest after a head-crash, but I dont what to ruin this pineapple...so i'll only play it on straight freeways...no winding roads for me.

(and I got those solid gold tuners for a pretty good price) :)

Ahnko Honu
10-28-2009, 06:24 PM
I can handle that Fluke embedded in my chest after a head-crash, but I dont what to ruin this pineapple...so i'll only play it on straight freeways...no winding roads for me.

(and I got those solid gold tuners for a pretty good price) :)

That's why God created cruise control. :D