New Kala Acacia Tenor

boundless

Reaction score
While I don't have a video demo yet (but I guarantee within 24 hours there'll be one - and by the way, "there'll" isn't a word), I couldn't NOT note (for history's sake) that I met with Mike (Uke Republic) and got Uke #5, the Kala Acacia Tenor.

Holy Moly, this thing is amazing on every level.

Trying to determine the best song to demonstrate it given my 5 months of total Uke-ing, but if I don't come up with the BEST, I'll come with something by tomorrow.

I just couldn't live with myself if I posted "YESTERDAY, I got..." because hey, this is Ukulele Underground. We've come to expect up-to-the-minute updates. :)

Bob

Congratulations on your new ukulele! Can't wait to see the video!

Congrats on the new uke! What...no pictures? :D

I'm a little behind, now. I too have been playing 5 months...but I only have 4 ukes. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Buy a new uke for every month you've been playing.:rolleyes:

Love mine too! craftsmanship excellent. Much happier with mine since replacing the nut and saddle with Tusq and adjusting the intonation at the saddle. Put some worth browns on too. Really tops it off with a rich low g mellow tone!

I've really enjoyed playing all kinds of songs on mine. But bluegrass and jazzy stuff sounds great. I've been playing the song "Smile" alot and "Something" as well as Jason Mraz, Bob Marley, etc. Very versatile.

Enjoy!

Congrats! Awesome uke, I just love mine. I put some Worth clears on it and it is sweet:D

Congrats on the new uke! What...no pictures? :D

I'm a little behind, now. I too have been playing 5 months...but I only have 4 ukes. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Buy a new uke for every month you've been playing.:rolleyes:

Geez, you guys are out of control (or just out of my league). I just got my third uke the other day and I have been playing for almost 2 years! I'm WAYYYY behind. Wow.

Geez, you guys are out of control (or just out of my league). I just got my third uke the other day and I have been playing for almost 2 years! I'm WAYYYY behind. Wow.

I don't think you're behind. I just think some of us have a problem... :D

what kind of strings do you use on your uke?

These have the Aquila's that they came with.

I'm too new to the Uke to really have experimented with strings. I have yet to need to even change strings on any of my ukes, and although I've restrung many a guitar, I'm a little nervous about messing with it until I need to - though I do hear that the strings can make quite a difference.

When I read about people changing out the hardware on their ukes, I get REALLY intimidated! :) I'm in the "trust they know what they're doing when they deliver it" mode, and I know that Mike an Uke Republic sets them up well for me before I get them.

I know the day will come when I have to change them out, and I do hear a lot of people talk about Worths so maybe when that day comes...

Bob

When I read about people changing out the hardware on their ukes, I get REALLY intimidated! :) I'm in the "trust they know what they're doing when they deliver it" mode, and I know that Mike an Uke Republic sets them up well for me before I get them.
you can do it, Bob
I was aslo intimidated at first, but to be honest...
if you pay attention to how you take them off.. I guarantee you can put on a new set.(even with no instruction or how-to)
Do one at a time and you should be fine.

This only applies when you want new strings though.
Worth BT on the acacia tenor=very impressive(I have one sitting here)

These have the Aquila's that they came with.

I'm too new to the Uke to really have experimented with strings. I have yet to need to even change strings on any of my ukes, and although I've restrung many a guitar, I'm a little nervous about messing with it until I need to - though I do hear that the strings can make quite a difference.

I know the day will come when I have to change them out, and I do hear a lot of people talk about Worths so maybe when that day comes...

Bob

your playing doesn't show any signs of noobness. In your video, those aren't noob chords by any means. You sound very solid. I actually couldn't tell if those were aquilas because it sounds so clean.

your playing doesn't show any signs of noobness. In your video, those aren't noob chords by any means. You sound very solid. I actually couldn't tell if those were aquilas because it sounds so clean.

Thanks so much on all counts.

As I say, I came from guitar world so reading chord charts is not new to me, and the charts I found just really call to my musical taste - so I practice a lot. :)

Again, with the string thing, I just go with what was on the uke. Would be great if there were an online sound comparison between different strings on the same kind of uke so I could see what difference I could hear...

Top Bottom