what chord catches you out?

snowy_zoe

Reaction score
I've been playing for nearly two months now, and I'm getting better and I'm proud of that. I've figured out my preferred way to play the dreaded E and a lot of chords seem to come along well with a bit of practice......

except for Gmin:mad:
I don't know what it is about it, my fingers just seem to have a mental block when it comes to that chord. I know it's just down to practice and it will get get better with time, but it gets me every time

Don't let me be alone with this irrational grudge against a pretty pretty chord, what chord does your head in:D

the chord that kills me the most is Fmaj7 - 2413

BLEH!...:D

I second that BLEH. And add any forms of 1342 or 4332. For me, they are those types of chords where they aren't necessarily finger pretzels, but they're hard to remember as a chord and takes me more than a while to place my fingers in the right position.

You use your pinky??...

I play Gm as 0231, and I use index, middle and ring finger. Unless I play it 3231, then I use my pinky, but I never play it that way. Haha.

I agree. I play Gm the same way you do. For me it was an easy one to learn on the uke, as it was a familiar chord shape from my guitar days.

I've never tried that Fmaj7 before. I can do it with four fingers, but find it much easier if I barre the first fret rather than fret an individual string at the first....

You use your pinky??...

I play Gm as 0231, and I use index, middle and ring finger. Unless I play it 3231, then I use my pinky, but I never play it that way. Haha.

Yes, I play it 3231, just because that figure works all the way up the neck. But, 0231 works fine for Gm.

I play Gm 0231 using index, middle, and ring fingers

I think I'm playing it the best way it just always seems to take a second longer for my fingers to be resting on the strings and so messes up the rhythm of whatever I'm playing.

I think it's to do with moving all the fingers at once if none of them are on the same strings as the previous chord,(one of the songs I'm trying it moves to a Gm from an F and the other it moves from a Dm) like i say I think it's just practice, it's just annoying because it seems simple enough

Am7 is the worst
I play this 2030. However, I've found that different shapes sound better in some songs than others.

I forget the name of it but it was one AG taught in his Christmas song lessons.

lol can't switch to it fast enough. So I just end up playing it 0101 only for a few up's and downs hardly noticeable.

FMajor7 is DEAD EASY - 5500 or 5557.

Ukantor.

the chord seeso plays in thugs mansion, forget it now actually LOL.!

sumthing like 5757.. but i can do it well on 7979. strange

The G7 - Ab7 etc moveable formation (1323) shapes, as well as the Gm moveable formation shapes (4 string in particular), have been avoided by me. But one day, like the Eb, it will come.

Still just learning, but I did wind up sending my husband a text message on my lunch hour while sitting in my car with instrument:
F7 is a bitch
He assured me it is in guitar too.

Top Bottom