Getting tired of the ukulele...

specialmike

Reaction score
I'm starting to lose interest... can somebody please respark my relationship with my ukulele?! :anyone:

I'm starting to lose interest... can somebody please respark my relationship with my ukulele?! :anyone:

Maybe you just need a new song or even try out a new genre.
Maybe some Motown or maybe some ska.

James Hill had (has?) the same problem ... which is how he started chopsticking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL3WTZ-_YBE#t=1m56s (see 1:56)

When we were at the Wine Country Uke Festival, James also played a song on uke while simultaneously doing a super complicated foot-tapping accompaniment. He said getting the timing down had him occupied for months.

• Find a group of local ukers to get together and play with.
  • Learn a new song.
  • Figure out a new song by ear.
  • Teach someone else a song or technique.
  • Write a song.
  • Buy a new uke book or DVD.
  • Find an open mike and sign up.
  • Go busking.
  • Learn some (or more) music theory.
  • Embark on a high-concept YouTube challenge. Like doing a vid of every song on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Or 26 songs, each starting with a different letter of the alphabet. Or one song done 8 different ways. Or the entire Top 40 Billboard chart for the third week of 1997. Or... you get the idea. :D
  • Go learn to play some other instrument for awhile.

JJ

So I'll take either your mainland or your koAloha...seriously mike I'll even pay for them? Maybe you should get your fiance interested in it. Or take a small break. I took about seven years off between learning my first 4 chords and finding UU.

So I'll take either your mainland or your koAloha...seriously mike I'll even pay for them? Maybe you should get your fiance interested in it. Or take a small break. I took about seven years off between learning my first 4 chords and finding UU.

step away from th koAloha!

Hey Mike,
Let's talk BEFORE that dog poops on it :p

If this don't work nothing will...

3482794471_f2bb87e0a1_o.jpg

So I'll take .... your koAloha....

Back off! I got dibs! :D

Mike, quit feeling sorry for yourself. I think your just stressed out about other things, maybe the aforementioned fiance or the dog poop.:) Your uke is pressure valve, use it to release your pressures...

Mariska Hargitay

(Sorry, I got a serious Love Guru vibe while typing that) :)

Wow. Ms. Post 609 has escaped from the Post Whore thread! Give her back! She's ours!

oh this thread isn't about boobs :confused:. anyway give it a rest for a week or so and i'm sure your be craving to play it, you can't get away from the uke.

"Ahh famous Post # 609"

WoW, I have a re-newed interest in the uke (and I was not tired of it)...

Like others stated above, take a break from it. Then remember how you felt when you first heard or played one. My 2 cents....I hope this feeling parts soon for 'ya.

Top Bottom