Something Different

Susie A

Reaction score
At least for me. Clicky

I really like it, except the tuners, they look clunky.

i agree with you about the tuners....

the bridge made me chuckle though...reminds me of one of those funky mustaches :D

I love the Portuguese style of cavaquinho.

I have a Brazilian style custom which looks more like a uke/guitar.

I have eyed that brand for awhile but could not gamble on it since I didn't know much about it.

The cavaquinho is an amazing sounding instrument.
It's like a 4 string mandolin.

I would have preferred a Portuguese type but in the end...it's all about the sound.
That is one pretty cav though.

If you are serious about buying one to delve into a different instrument...which spawned our little 4 string friend...picking up a cav is a very good decision and you wont be sorry. :shaka:

The clunky-ness of the tuners is what I like. I do hate the way the steel strings have to loop over that nice bridge. I wonder if they scratch the bridge surface in time. It's be nice it it had bridge pins instead. I wonder how it's tuned?
Ernest

The clunky-ness of the tuners is what I like. I do hate the way the steel strings have to loop over that nice bridge. I wonder if they scratch the bridge surface in time. It's be nice it it had bridge pins instead. I wonder how it's tuned?
Ernest

DGBD is the "typical" tuning.

Sort of. It is a Cavaquinho, the Portugese ancestor of the ukulele.

If that saddle is movable, and it looks like it might be, I can see no reason not to string that puppy up with some Worths and play it as a uke.

...I can see no reason not to string that puppy up with some Worths and play it as a uke.
Except that an instrument designed for steel strings would have a thicker top and heavier bracing to accommodate the higher string tension.

Nylon strings would not have enough tension to make it resonate well and the result would be a very weak sound.

Sort of. It is a Cavaquinho, the Portugese ancestor of the ukulele.

If that saddle is movable, and it looks like it might be, I can see no reason not to string that puppy up with some Worths and play it as a uke.

Hey! You are really close to 1000 posts! :smileybounce::smileybounce:

I think I just hijacked my own thread.

Top Bottom