PDA

View Full Version : Fishman Matrix Infinity Active Ukulele Pickup w/Preamp

UkuCouS
10-28-2009, 03:57 AM
Just to be sure, my local music shop tells me that this pickup (http://cgi.ebay.com/Fishman-Matrix-Infinity-Active-Ukulele-Pickup-w-Preamp_W0QQitemZ360198680582QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd83b006#ht_2776wt_803) will not fit into my Kanile'a Tenor. Does anyone knows something about it.

And do you know the Blue Star Music online shop, is it trustful ?

CouS

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
10-28-2009, 07:59 AM
He's probably referring to the length of the UST element being too long or not the correct width for your ukulele and he's probably right. You need a shorter UST and a width that will fit your saddle slot. I've installed a few of them and I don't care for them at all. The bass switch was non functional (and inaccessible within a small sound hole) in the ones I installed and there was almost no difference in the tone adjustment on all of the ones I installed. Volume worked OK though. I had bought some of the first ones when they just hit the market so maybe some improvements have been made since then. I also notice they've lowered the price a good deal since then.
I feel they are overkill for the ukulele. The preamp is MUCH bigger than previous Matrix models. Look at all the crap you are installing in a little uke body; large preamp, volume, tone and bass controls, and a 9 volt battery plus all the necessary wires. Hardly noticeable in a guitar, but its a lot of stuff, a lot of wires and a lot of weight. I'm not a fan.
When it comes to pickups I tend to favor the idea that simpler is better. I currently like the MiSi Acoustic Trio with the Baggs UST element. And it'll fit anything.
Good luck