musicians in the rain

snowy_zoe

Reaction score
I'm posting this as it's one of my favourite artists playing in surreal surroundings and I think everyone should see it

This is Sister Rosetta Tharpe playing live to an audience in Liverpool, England, at a railway station, brought in by a horse drawn carriage, and singing and playing electric guitar in the rain.

I heard this recording on a radio show and had to track it down, it looks as good as it sounds.

hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7lN1R2LP-4

later
zoe

Great video!

Sister Rosetta Tharpe is one of my absolute guitar heroes. Total badass, and only vaguely able to do anything about it.

The poor woman struggled so hard with church vs. guitar badass. The ideology she was brought up in placed the two as opposing things, and it was a constant and pervasive conflict in a lot of her life.

I'm so glad we've got what we have from her. If her religion and her talent could ever have completely found peace with each other, I bet she would be regularly mentioned in the same breath as any of the guitar heroes we hear so much about. EVERYBODY should hear them some Sister Rosetta!

Top Bottom