Got a package from the U.U. guys today + a review of the new solo dvd

RyRod

Reaction score
I ordered a shirt and their new DVD a couple days ago.
I had to get the shirt so I can represent at the upcoming Jake concert, and the dvd because I figured it would help me out.

img1996n.jpg

the personalized note:

img1993ul.jpg

Now onto the DVD review:

img1991id.jpg

The Nintendo packaging is pretty sweet and adds a nice touch.
On the inside ^ you can see they give you scale charts for some awesome soloing references.

dvdmenu.jpg

-The menu screens are easy to navigate and have awesome background music playing while you make a selection.
-The video quality is amazing, and the locations Mr. G teaches at makes you jealous.
-Aaron's awesome video editing is present throughout the entire dvd.
-Just like the lessons and uke minutes, the dvd has great visuals of chord and scale progressions.
-As usual Aldrine fully explains everything he teaches.
-The dvd takes just enough time to explain each technique. Not too long for intermediate+ players and not too short for the beginner.
-Sam and Juno join Aldrine for his soloing seminar, where he busts out his teaching skills. he writes on a white board and involves the class.
-There is also a play-along that goes through the 3 scales that Aldrine covers in the video, with visuals alongside.
-Like always, the outtakes leave you laughing along with the U.U. crew's antics.

Overall a great video for beginners, as well as intermediate players that want to step their solo game up.

If you fall into one of those categories and are hesitating to pull the "order" trigger, go for it, you wont be dissapointed.

Last edited:
Haha.. now I know your address...

Thanks for the review on the dvd.. Im gonna have to get that when funds are available again... Im kicking myself in the butt for not picking it up at the Cerritos festival but I was a little short of cash then too :( I did pick up a new UU shirt at the Festival tho...

ha wow, thanks. I was in a rush to post this before my class and totally forgot about taking out the addresses.

So I changed the picture so nobody gets any unwanted pizza. BUT any ukulele stuff is welcome. :cool:

Got home and mine was in the mailbox today also. Thanks for the review RyRod.

Thanks for posting your review....

Hopefully I'll order mine tomorrow

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. Got mine today, but haven't had time to open it yet, from your description it sound great.

Top Bottom