What songs to play

thatguywiththeukulele

Reaction score
what songs should a beginner play besides twinkle twinkle little star and all that crap. i need something fun!

The first song I learned was "Funeral Home" by Daniel Johnston. I don't have a link, but it should be easy to track down. Three chords, easy to play, and great lyrics;

"Funeral home, funeral home,
Going to that funeral home,
bought me a coffin, shiny and black,
I'm going to that funeral and I'm never coming back."

Not to be defending Twinkle Twinkle but every song has something to teach you...

I would think that between all the tabs here (I wish the guitar forums were as well laid out as here and as helpful) and Aldrines live lessons one would be able to find a song or two to learn.

I just picked songs that I really liked, and figured out the chords for them. A lot of popular songs only have 3 or 4 chords, so it's not hard for anyone to pick them up!

I just picked songs that I really liked, and figured out the chords for them. A lot of popular songs only have 3 or 4 chords, so it's not hard for anyone to pick them up!

Definitely. I'd go so far as to say that most popular songs only have 3 or 4 chords, so for almost any song that you like it should be possible to work out a simple ukulele version.

If there's a song you'd like to learn that you can't work out for yourself, or find a uke tab for, just post a request in this section HERE and someone will help out. :)

Well i agree with what people are saying, find songs you like and figure them out, but if u need help ill be willing but a good song that u can learn to sing with would prbably be I'm Yours, or if you are into the Beatles they are fun to play, but all i can say is Youtube is a good help and so is ukulele-tabs.com and this website :]

Top Bottom