Talk me down, UAS brothers and sisters!

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Why, oh why, do I even look at eBay ads? It only gets me into trouble!

Right now I'm poised to bid on a nice looking vintage uke that....

a) I want, but I don't need (yeah, right!)

b) is a soprano, although I prefer concerts

c) will probably sell for more than I currently think it will

d) will definitely get me into major trouble with the household's CFO

Help me resist temptation! Show me the way to uke temperance! Convince me that I should abstain!

Oh, crap. I think I'm headed for trouble.... :rolleyes:

DO IT!!!! I mean....wait 24 hours .......and THEN DO IT!!!!!! :D(I just got my new Pineapple Sunday from MGM...so I am no help)

You guys are pillars of strength! I've got two "Do it"s and a wishy-washy "don't do it unless you want to"! :D

Can we spell co-dependent?

:rofl:

I wouldn't do it. Just sayin'..........

Why, oh why, do I even look at eBay ads? It only gets me into trouble!
Right now I'm poised to bid on a nice looking vintage uke that....
a) I want, but I don't need (yeah, right!)
b) is a soprano, although I prefer concerts
c) will probably sell for more than I currently think it will
d) will definitely get me into major trouble with the household's CFO
Help me resist temptation! Show me the way to uke temperance! Convince me that I should abstain!
Oh, crap. I think I'm headed for trouble.... :rolleyes:

Come on Mailman. Don't do it. It's a soprano, you like concerts, it will probably sell for more than you currently think it will, you don't need it and the CFO thing will cause major strife. Go play one of your ukes and stay away from eBay.

Yeah, like my telling you this is going to help. You are headed for trouble. Resistance is futile. :D

C'mon, mailman...think of that poor vintage uke. If you don't get it, it will probably end up in the hands of someone who doesn't appreciate it for what it truly is. They'll probably hang it on a wall somewhere instead of appreciating the beautiful sounds that only can be achieved once an instrument has had a few decades to open up.

...did that help?

legit...forget that dumb uke. If you're gonna get in trouble, make it worth it!

you must be an amateur:) I mean that in a funny way

the rest of this thread should be dedicated to the instruction of what the rules of engagement are and then how and when you can break them appropriately.

what you need to do is begin planting the idea in your spouse's mind...bring it up occasionally and talk as if you are going to sell something in order to save the money.

Then keep planting it in their mind while you tuck away a little money here and a little there without selling anything.

whether you sell your stuff or not, the idea is that eventually you'll come to the point where they know you want it and they know you've been saving...she'll finally tell you to just go ahead and get it and BINGO!

C'mon, mailman...think of that poor vintage uke. If you don't get it, it will probably end up in the hands of someone who doesn't appreciate it for what it truly is. They'll probably hang it on a wall somewhere instead of appreciating the beautiful sounds that only can be achieved once an instrument has had a few decades to open up.

...did that help?

Oh, yeah....big help YOU are! :D

legit...forget that dumb uke. If you're gonna get in trouble, make it worth it!

you must be an amateur:) I mean that in a funny way

the rest of this thread should be dedicated to the instruction of what the rules of engagement are and then how and when you can break them appropriately.

what you need to do is begin planting the idea in your spouse's mind...bring it up occasionally and talk as if you are going to sell something in order to save the money.

Then keep planting it in their mind while you tuck away a little money here and a little there without selling anything.

whether you sell your stuff or not, the idea is that eventually you'll come to the point where they know you want it and they know you've been saving...she'll finally tell you to just go ahead and get it and BINGO!

I like the concept, but this is an eBay auction. Time is of the essence!

It's best not to look, and stay out of trouble. To help you I will give you some good reasons not to buy it.

1. It's old... who knows what faults it might have.
2. You can't play it in person, to check out the playability or sound.
3. It's a soprano... too small for your usual tastes.
4. Can you trust the buyer? If it's MGM, I would trust him, but I would have to be awfully sure if it was someone else, and it involved a lot of money.
5. If you do manage to resist it, make sure you let your wife know that it's because you love her so much, and try to earn points for not buying every uke that catches your eye.

–Lori

Top Bottom