Windows 7 and uke-related software

khrome

UU+
Reaction score
I was wondering, for those of you that upgraded to Windows 7 - do all of your uke-related software work? I'm specifically interested in knowing if Audacity still works since I was just about to download it now and Windows 7 is not on their compatibility list.

I only run one thing uke-related - APTuner - and it still works.

XP could run 'backwards"... like Run as "windows 95" or something. Can't 7 do that?

I believe there are issues right now with Audacity and Windows 7, but I'm sure if you wait it out a bit they'll fix that.

I'm on Win7 and have used Audacity with no problems so far.

Basically, if you can run whatever application in Windows Vista, it can run in Windows 7 without problems. There are a few differences in device drivers, but most devices are already updated to accommodate the chance in OS. Check with your manufacturer websites to download updated drivers and have them ready before you make the switch. Make sure the original device drivers are still sitting around somewhere, too, just in case you revert to the previous OS.

Basically, if you can run whatever application in Windows Vista, it can run in Windows 7 without problems. There are a few differences in device drivers, but most devices are already updated to accommodate the chance in OS. Check with your manufacturer websites to download updated drivers and have them ready before you make the switch. Make sure the original device drivers are still sitting around somewhere, too, just in case you revert to the previous OS.

Yeah, it took me a while to find the drivers when I upgraded a few days ago. I have a tablet notebook with an active digitizer screen, and the pen driver was the hardest to find. Without it, you don't get the pen sensitivity like a Wacom tablet. I ended up finding it on some asian site. lol It's all good now, and I LOVE Windows 7. If you guys switch, you should use the screen calibration tool - my colors are so much crisper, and the text is clearer, than Vista. And unlike Vista, my stinkin gamma settings stay set - I used to have to reset them everytime I logged in to Vista. :p Can't believe they never fixed that bug...

Anyway, I installed Audacity and it looks good so far. I haven't tried anything "strenuous" with it yet.

Top Bottom