Why didn't I listen????

freedive135

Reaction score
As some have read lately I have picked up a guitar...

As part of my lessons I am having to learn where the notes are on the fretboard , it's something we didn't have to do in my Uke classes were mostly worked on chords, tabs and strumming.

Over the past year here I have read over and over that a beginner should learn the fretboard notes for each string and never tried, thought it would be to hard, blah blah think of any excuse you can and I used it I am sure...

Well today while the 2 ft. of snow was falling, I sat down and really started working on the Uke's fretboard and I just now I was able to single note pick my first song "Happy Me as sung by Don Ho" with out having to write out the tab for it!!!!! yea for me.

Wish I would have listened to you all JJ, Seeso and everyone else and I would be a better player by now.

Thanks for all the good advise over the past year guys:D

Last edited:
Congrats, FD!

:shaka:

JJ

Congratulations on the progress! Sometimes working with other instruments, teachers, or musicians, helps to make certain things click.

Jeepers - 2 feet of snow already!

Congratulations! Keep at it. :) :cheers:

Reminds me of the book The Advancing Guitarist by Mick Goodrick. That's one of the first things he says. For like a week, just play one string as if its a instrument all to itself... a Unitar. Or just a day. Maybe it was for an entire year. I forget. Anyhoot, then move on to just the next string and so on. That's kind of difficult for me to do 'cuz I have five ukulele in five different tunings. And my guitar has never been tuned to standard tuning... but I've been meaning to tune it correctly and actually try the Unitar idea. BUt like you said, "it would be to hard, blah blah think of any excuse you can and I used it I am sure..."

Top Bottom