OHANA TK-75CG Review

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here is a video review of this beautiful instrument. It is definitely one of my favourites.

Ohana TK-75CG Tenor

Hope you enjoy.

Has anybody out there got one of these instruments...your views would be much appreciated

Cheers,
Chris

I remember giving up on trying to find the concert version of this one. Some Ohanas are so tough to find. :(

But yeah, that one looks and sounds great... but I think a Spongebob uke would sound great in Ken's hands! :)

It's a prototype. At the moment I have the only one in the world.

Ken I feel a real idiot now (not unusual for me). Didn't realize it was a proto-type...any idea when they are going to be generally available? I'm sure I saw one advertised on Zing's Music site so I put two and two together and got it wrong..!!!

Chris

Ken I feel a real idiot now (not unusual for me). Didn't realize it was a proto-type...any idea when they are going to be generally available? I'm sure I saw one advertised on Zing's Music site so I put two and two together and got it wrong..!!!

Chris

My apologies Chris. You are right, I am wrong. I confused this thread with the resonator thread. I'm extremelyy sorry for confusing the issue.

They are actually available but very difficult to get hold of. We only had one available for the NAMM show in Anaheim. Zings have one or more on order but have not received them yet. Try SUS. They may have one left. The best thing is to try all the Ohana shops and, if you have no luck, place an order with one of them.

Thanks for clarifying Ken and no apology needed...you must be so busy these days,

Cheers

Chris

Has anybody out there got one of these instruments...your views would be much appreciated

Cheers,
Chris

I ordered one from Elderly back in July of 09. They called me a few days ago to tell me that it arrived but had a couple of issues with the finish (a drip and a small stain) and a high action. Their techs said lowering the action would be no problem and it should be here anytime. (Today perhaps??) I'll let everyone know when the Fedex guy appears..........

i instantly fell in love with this instrument when i watched this review. i've probably watched this thing fifteen times as well as your other videos that have this uke. i've had a hard time finding one that just "clicked." maybe it's from my musical past being mainly involved with guitars, but i'm just not so fond of how many koa ukes look. but i adore cutaways, and this thing is completely beautiful. from watching dozens and dozens of videos, i still think i like how this one sounds the best as well. i've been saving up to snatch it day one when it releases. the back of it. the cutaway. everything. this is my dream uke. great video (if you haven't gotten that from my message so far!)

I remember giving up on trying to find the concert version of this one. Some Ohanas are so tough to find. :(

But yeah, that one looks and sounds great... but I think a Spongebob uke would sound great in Ken's hands! :)

i believe ukerepublic has the concert version right now. i've debated getting it several times, but i already have a concert, so i'm holding out for the tenor that theyre getting this month -which i believe is what i read. not sure though.

Top Bottom