Putting whiteout of the fretboard

Sharpen

Reaction score
Hey guys what do you think of me putting whiteout on my fretboard for all the "major" keys, so it'd kinda be like a piano with all the notes "painted" white and all the minor notes staying as black. It would make soloing so much easier.

If it helps you, and it is a cheap uke, then why not? Beware of putting whiteout on a nice rosewood fretboard. It will get into the grain, and I doubt you would ever get it off entirely, should you wish to.

Ukantor.

ok im going to the shop to buy whiteout now to paint my 30$ uke.

So you're putting whiteout on the C major scale for all 4 strings? Make sure to post pictures! I wonder how it will turn out.

Instead of Whiteout, get a strip of Brother P-Touch label tape and use a hole punch to make little dots of it. The adhesive on that stuff isn't very obnoxious.

--Mark

yeah... Sorry people. I got the whiteout and everything. But truth is the $30 ukulele is actually my sisters'. I thought she wouldn't mind cause it's been in my room for around two years and is practically mine, but she said it had sentimental values to her and that any musician that modifies their instruments are dumb.

So yeah. To solve this problem i'm most likely going to go to the shops and buy another uke. Making the 5th ukulele in my room. I'm probobly going to buy the low g strings for this ukulele because i've never played on one. It's gonna be 'mad dawg'.

What do you mean by "major notes" and "minor notes?"

I mean, C is the tonic note for C major. But it's also the minor 3rd in A minor.

Likewise, A is the major 6th in C major, but it's the tonic of A minor.

What I'm getting at is that no note is inherently major or minor.

Chords and key signatures can be major or minor, but the same 12 notes are used in all major and minor keys, which prevents them from being indiviudally considered a major or minor note. It all depends on how and where they are used.

I think it would be easier to just learn your scales the normal way.

You'll find that there are common fingering patterns.

I found it disconcerting that she said that any musician that modifies their instruments are "dumb".

I think that about everyone who would call themselves "musician" are more apt to have modified their instruments...since being a "musician" typically includes being more particular to personal preference among their own instruments.

Top Bottom