Ingrid Michaelson says "Hello" to UU

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
IM was in the stations to do a live performance today. I met her after the show and asked her if she knew about UU. She didn't :mad: She was apologetic - perhaps because I was wearing a UU t-shirt - and that she's afraid that she's not a very good ukulele ambassador. I said, "Hey, at least you're playing one." But she says "Hello" to everybody here.

Her uke is a tenor Renaissance. Looks like a cedar top and walnut sides and back. Aquila wound strings. It's a pretty thing!

She didn't want pictures taken because she woke up right before the noon show (it showed, too. She did an awful set!). But I did take a pic of my uke she signed and christened "Ingrid".
4058854914_6f863f9f23.jpg

oh and I like how you customized your dolphin. arrrrr angry dolphin!

Very cool! You get to meet all sorts of celebrities, eh?

Most of the musicians that come in on Fridays (for our sister station) I don't have a clue who they are. The most exciting for me in recent months were (your bud) Zee Avi and Michaelson. I was disappointed in Michaelson's performance.

My favorites though were the classical guys. I got to interview Pierre Boulez for 45 minutes once and interviewed choreographer Paul Taylor. I spent about an hour talking to Peter Schickele (PDQ Bach) a long time ago. He was so nice.

My favorites though were the classical guys. I got to interview Pierre Boulez for 45 minutes once and interviewed choreographer Paul Taylor. I spent about an hour talking to Peter Schickele (PDQ Bach) a long time ago. He was so nice.

Peter Schickele?! Nice! I'd love to talk to that guy.

I should have sent you some GIGAPUS stickers for Ingrid. :)

Peter Schickele?! Nice! I'd love to talk to that guy.

I should have sent you some GIGAPUS stickers for Ingrid. :)

Too right!

This has been a freaky day. Erin McKeown is in the building right now. I'm going to have to ambush her to get her to sign the uke. I love Erin soooo much! I just heard her say she plays ukulele!!

171.jpg

IM was in the stations to do a live performance today. I met her after the show and asked her if she knew about UU. She didn't :mad: She was apologetic - perhaps because I was wearing a UU t-shirt - and that she's afraid that she's not a very good ukulele ambassador. I said, "Hey, at least you're playing one." But she says "Hello" to everybody here.

Her uke is a tenor Renaissance. Looks like a cedar top and walnut sides and back. Aquila wound strings. It's a pretty thing!

She didn't want pictures taken because she woke up right before the noon show (it showed, too. She did an awful set!). But I did take a pic of my uke she signed and christened "Ingrid".
4058854914_6f863f9f23.jpg

Wow, cool uke! And soooo cool you got her autograph on it! I thought about taking my uke last night for her to autograph (but glad I didn't): it turned out to be anything but an intimate kind of concert, with no autographing out where ordinary folks would be (thinking about the last two concerts I went to at the 20th Century--Jonathan Coulton who sorta just hung out and was very accessible; and Mary Fahl, where they had a table set up for her to sit and sign CDs and such).

Yeah, her show ran really late here in Cincinnati last night. It finished about 11:15pm. Then it's a two-hour drive down to Louisville from here. And that's if they were able to hop immediately into their bus and get straight to sleep when they got there, which doesn't sound probable.

She was very cool and sounded wonderful last night. I'm sorry she didn't sound good this morning. :( Honestly, the show was awesome last night!

CountryMouse

Most of the musicians that come in on Fridays (for our sister station) I don't have a clue who they are. The most exciting for me in recent months were (your bud) Zee Avi and Michaelson. I was disappointed in Michaelson's performance.

OMG Peter Schickele! I LOVE PDQ Bach!! Lucky you!

CountryMouse

Almost as good as German Beer ;)
stpauli.jpg

Almost as good as Post 609.

But I digress.

I like Ingrid. And I wish I'd done something to protect the signature on my one uke... it's faded quite a bit :(

Slap some tape on that sucker.

Did SHE shake your hand, too and how are you going to preserve THAT?

*lol* @ the angry dolphin! Love it.

Wikipedia says...

Strange... I have never seen this type of beer in Germany. Does it say where (which city) it is brewed?

Ahh, I should have looked it up before asking stupid questions. So for everyone who wants to know:

"St. Pauli Girl beers are brewed and bottled by the St. Pauli Brauerei, which is located within the Beck's brewery in Bremen, Germany. [...] The beer is only produced for export and is not sold in Germany."

I probably don't know ALL types of beer sold in Germany, but I'm sure I would have noticed this one!
Does it taste like Becks, btw?

Top Bottom