PDA

View Full Version : Any aussies here that play the ukulele?

grappler
11-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Just a thread that i wanted to post about aussie ukulele players.
Post here where your from.
Cant find any Australian players :(

rayan
11-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey Grappler,

I moved this thread to Uke Talk. This forum is only 3 days old so hopefully there will be more Aussie Uke players here soon!

idiot
12-01-2007, 04:18 PM
1 aussie here... from sydney...
started playin at the start of the year... have been guitar player before/still...

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-22-2008, 11:30 PM
ukulele player here in sydney

alexglasso87
01-23-2008, 11:00 AM
hey yeh im aussie, live in lennox head... 10 minutes south of byron bay.

will be watching jake shimabukuro play in brisbane and maybe blues fest.

cant wait.

are any of yous going to be seeing him in aus??

rayan
01-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Whoops sorry grappler, had to move the topic again to the more appropriate 'Regional Get Togethers' board. Nice to see some Aussies here!

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-23-2008, 03:17 PM
If hes not coming to Sydney then i guess i can't see him. Next time maybe

albertmunoz
02-10-2008, 05:05 PM
hey yeh im aussie, live in lennox head... 10 minutes south of byron bay.

cant wait.

Yeah, Im gonna go see him at the Opera House in Sydney sometime in March... dont know if there are still tickets available for it, I bought mine as soon as I heard and there werent a whole lot left...

Cant wait to see him in the Opera House! Best venue I have ever been to...

Oh, and Im not aussie but I live here! in Wollongong

michaelphipps
02-25-2008, 05:52 PM
I live in Brisbane.

Actually there's a ukulele society here called BUMS (Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=186566653)), but I'm not quite game to go to it. Their website seems to be talking about Tiny Tim / George Formby / Novelty Tunes, and I'm just not into that.

I am thinking about going to their next meeting though, so I can make an informed decision.

michaelphipps
02-25-2008, 05:54 PM

cant wait.

Yeah - I'm going to the Brisbane show. Gonna try and get a Jake squiggle on my uke, and hopefully will be wearing a UU T-Shirt (I doubt it'll get here in time though!)

rclifford13
05-05-2008, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I'm from Melbourne. There is a Melbourne Ukulele Klub (MUK) but I'm not into the kind of music they play.

Good to see some other aussies!

14twelve
05-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Welcome Rob! :D I'm in Brisbane.

alexglasso87
05-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Hey i Havent replied to this, sorry its been so long.

HaHAHAHA your so right their, I went to a gold coast ukue players meet up thinking their may be some young people their but it was all retirees and they were embracing the fact that it attracted "their age of people" what do i say to that.

RUN is what i do.

Gaby
05-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi, your Far North Queensland rep here!

Don't like your local uke club? Start your own! There are more people interested in playing uke than you think!

I am more than happy to give you some ideas on how to do this, and I am sure John Pellow from the Belmain uke club would be too!

peejay
06-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Yep, I am in Albury, hope to hook up with somebody local. Waiting for my new Risa solid concert to arrive next week, great service from Music City Cairns!

Keep laughing!

14twelve
06-27-2008, 03:23 AM
Welcome Peejay! Great to see some more Aussies here!
A Risa solid concert - wow! You'll have to post some pics. If you've bought it from Music City Cairns you won't be waiting long!! I've bought two ukuleles from them, and both have only taken two days. And Gaby is so helpful in answering questions. :D

Ukesista
06-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Welcome aboard newcomers and hello long timers that I've not been introduced to, I'm from Sydney.:)

peejay
07-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks 14, you are right, Gaby is right on top of the game, service was great & quicker than I expected. Interesting, it turned out costing less from Music City Cairns than it would have if I had bought direct from Risa. I am using the Risa with a Tascam MPGT1 Guitar trainer, plug in the headphones & drive just 1 person mad...Me. I will post a couple of pics in the next day or so (when I learn how). Later, Phil...

14twelve
07-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Hey Phil! That's great! Would love to see your pics.

You can upload them onto the site here through your personal profile. If you go to your profile page (click on User CP), on the left hand sidebar under Networking you'll see a link to Pictures and Albums. You can upload your photos there from your computer, and you'll see a link at the bottom of each photo. When you write your post, click on Insert Image, then put that link in, and then your Risa will show up in your post!

grappler
07-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Welcome guys! i havent been on this thread in so long.
Probably since i opened it

Glad to see all the aussies here!!!

Hope you find Ukuleleundergroound Very informative and fun.

Enjoy your stay like i have!!

UkuLeLesReggAe
07-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Welcome aboard newcomers and hello long timers that I've not been introduced to, I'm from Sydney.:)

really? what part of Sydney ? :)

Janita K
09-17-2008, 11:06 PM
G'day...from Hervey Bay, QLD
I have recently been bitten hard :eek: :eek: by the uke bug...I live in Hervey Bay. I've got a soprano uke with sound pick-up.
The internet is an incredible learning tool...and Aldrine, I love your teaching style...real cruisy and a great range of songs.
Looking forward to tonights live lesson....I'll plug my uke into my Marshal amp so you can hear me:D

clockworked
09-24-2008, 01:59 AM
Hi, your Far North Queensland rep here!

Don't like your local uke club? Start your own! There are more people interested in playing uke than you think!

I am more than happy to give you some ideas on how to do this, and I am sure John Pellow from the Belmain uke club would be too!

I think i bought my uke from you a fortnight ago!
I'm from Orange NSW at the moment, but i'm moving to Cairns in January. It has better weather for ukulele playing :)

I've just started too - its a good kind of addiction!

yogi
12-04-2008, 01:39 AM
hey!

yogi from melbourne here!.. i have a nice Royal uke, and an epiphone 4 string mandolin that i converted into an elecric uke.

any others from melb who wanna jam, please let me know!.. i'm getting kinda tired of being the oly person i know who plays uke :P

FiPfft
12-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm another Melburnian. Been battering away at a $20 uke for a few years now and recently upgraded to a Royal UKS-1S. Thought it was about time to join some sort of ukulele community seeing as I've steadfastly avoided contact with other uke-players up until finding some on YouTube this year.

Howdoyoudo?

grappler
12-04-2008, 05:59 PM
FiPfft and yogi!!! Im also from melbourne.

So i another uu member by the name of bread.

Lets jam together guys!! I also hate being a lonely uker in town!! ill pm you guys!!

cheers

Im Nam btw nice to meet you guys

yogi
12-04-2008, 06:43 PM
hey grappler, just replyed to u'r pm!

hey, FiPfft where abouts in melb u from?

this is kinda exciting, meeting other uke playes in the area :D

ghop0man
12-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Yep - just south of sydney in the Sutherland Shire

Gaby
12-13-2008, 11:28 PM
I think i bought my uke from you a fortnight ago!
I'm from Orange NSW at the moment, but i'm moving to Cairns in January. It has better weather for ukulele playing :)

I've just started too - its a good kind of addiction!

Hey, looking forward to meeting you in the shop or at the uke club. Bosko and Honey are back in town and we'll be hosting a special night with them probably mid January so keep your eye out for that!

Please note that our shop is dangerous territory though for those with UAS...

broadside
02-16-2009, 03:06 PM
hi guys, im from melbourne too.. i've finally got a uke for christmas last year... i know a things on the uke now.. but far from being great at it.. no experience on the guitar either.
nice to meet you all!

toyrtle
04-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I am registering my prescence in Australia, too!

I am in Melbourne. I'm not very good yet, but I'm always looking for opportunities to get better...

bluute
05-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi,
Another aussie Uke player here, Im from the St George area, only been playin for just over a week but I love it !!!!

gabzuke
06-23-2009, 03:56 AM
im in sydney tooo :D im only 14 but fell inlove with the uke
im in the btown area. anyone?

uke on :shaka:

Fred Miu
06-23-2009, 05:36 AM
so are we going to have a Aussie Jam session soon? it would be great to see some of you guys all get together and film yourselves jammin.

JennyParenteau
06-30-2009, 11:44 AM
I am from Byron Bay Ukulele Collective and want to join a group here in Minneapolis or in Duluth while I am here on holiday. Do you know where and when they meet??

gabzuke
07-12-2009, 07:25 PM
anyone in the parramatta area? or blacktown? hahah:D

reyn
08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Yo, another sydneysider here, recently got into ukes and this site, amongst others has been an awesome resource :)

blingblingbob
08-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Hey People!

I'm from Brisbane, Bethania (South side). I suck at the moment so if anyone knows were I can go for lessons...

Cheers Rob

kissing
08-11-2009, 03:31 AM
Another Melbourner here!
Though I live in Bendigo on weekdays because of Uni.

I started about 3 months ago, so lots to learn and improve on! :D

adamb007
08-15-2009, 07:16 PM
i play in the blue mountains ukulele group (blue mugs) i dont really think george formby songs are novelty tunes if they were they would be easier 2 play

Phil
10-05-2009, 02:03 AM
i play in the blue mountains ukulele group (blue mugs) i dont really think george formby songs are novelty tunes if they were they would be easier 2 play

Hey, im from Katoomba, Blue mountains, Tell Me more about Blue Mugs, i might be interested in joining!