Any aussies here that play the ukulele?

Hey Grappler,

I moved this thread to Uke Talk. This forum is only 3 days old so hopefully there will be more Aussie Uke players here soon!

Last edited:
1 aussie here... from sydney...
started playin at the start of the year... have been guitar player before/still...

ukulele player here in sydney

Whoops sorry grappler, had to move the topic again to the more appropriate 'Regional Get Togethers' board. Nice to see some Aussies here!

hey yeh im aussie, live in lennox head... 10 minutes south of byron bay.

will be watching jake shimabukuro play in brisbane and maybe blues fest.

cant wait.

are any of yous going to be seeing him in aus??

Yeah, Im gonna go see him at the Opera House in Sydney sometime in March... dont know if there are still tickets available for it, I bought mine as soon as I heard and there werent a whole lot left...

Cant wait to see him in the Opera House! Best venue I have ever been to...

Oh, and Im not aussie but I live here! in Wollongong

I live in Brisbane.

Actually there's a ukulele society here called BUMS (Brisbane Ukulele Musicians Society), but I'm not quite game to go to it. Their website seems to be talking about Tiny Tim / George Formby / Novelty Tunes, and I'm just not into that.

I am thinking about going to their next meeting though, so I can make an informed decision.

will be watching jake shimabukuro play in brisbane and maybe blues fest.

cant wait.

are any of yous going to be seeing him in aus??

Yeah - I'm going to the Brisbane show. Gonna try and get a Jake squiggle on my uke, and hopefully will be wearing a UU T-Shirt (I doubt it'll get here in time though!)

Yeah, I'm from Melbourne. There is a Melbourne Ukulele Klub (MUK) but I'm not into the kind of music they play.

Good to see some other aussies!

Hey i Havent replied to this, sorry its been so long.

HaHAHAHA your so right their, I went to a gold coast ukue players meet up thinking their may be some young people their but it was all retirees and they were embracing the fact that it attracted "their age of people" what do i say to that.

RUN is what i do.

Hi, your Far North Queensland rep here!

Don't like your local uke club? Start your own! There are more people interested in playing uke than you think!

I am more than happy to give you some ideas on how to do this, and I am sure John Pellow from the Belmain uke club would be too!

Yep, I am in Albury, hope to hook up with somebody local. Waiting for my new Risa solid concert to arrive next week, great service from Music City Cairns!

Keep laughing!

Welcome Peejay! Great to see some more Aussies here!
A Risa solid concert - wow! You'll have to post some pics. If you've bought it from Music City Cairns you won't be waiting long!! I've bought two ukuleles from them, and both have only taken two days. And Gaby is so helpful in answering questions. :D

Thanks 14, you are right, Gaby is right on top of the game, service was great & quicker than I expected. Interesting, it turned out costing less from Music City Cairns than it would have if I had bought direct from Risa. I am using the Risa with a Tascam MPGT1 Guitar trainer, plug in the headphones & drive just 1 person mad...Me. I will post a couple of pics in the next day or so (when I learn how). Later, Phil...

Hey Phil! That's great! Would love to see your pics.

You can upload them onto the site here through your personal profile. If you go to your profile page (click on User CP), on the left hand sidebar under Networking you'll see a link to Pictures and Albums. You can upload your photos there from your computer, and you'll see a link at the bottom of each photo. When you write your post, click on Insert Image, then put that link in, and then your Risa will show up in your post!

Welcome guys! i havent been on this thread in so long.
Probably since i opened it

Glad to see all the aussies here!!!

Hope you find Ukuleleundergroound Very informative and fun.

Enjoy your stay like i have!!

Top Bottom