iTunes Video Podcast???

KAWIKA27

Reaction score
Im not sure how it works but you should think about adding the videos to iTunes video podcast section. Becaus then the members can take the videos around with them and practice away from the computer yea now. It would also get more exposure for the Site.

I need an iPod... Why don't I have an iPod? lol

Oh and Yeah this is a great idea!

In my humble opinion, this is a great idea and would be extremelly helpful.

Yep - i like this idea, always tried to get Aldrines videos off youtube but couldn't..

although i don't have an ipod as right now.. ill buy an 80gig this weekend, might..

We talked about doing this and we probably will soon. The problem comes from the amount it costs to host and serve the videos for a video podcast. The files are pretty big and with a couple thousand downloads every week, the bandwidth costs go up pretty fast.

The other option is to just host it on the server with the site on it, but that will most likely make this site even slower than it is now.

You can't host it on the iTunes servers?

Nope. For podcasting, all you submit to itunes is a RSS feed. All the files need to be stored on your own hosting.

Hmm well all the videos that we've released so far are available for download anyway aren't they?

When you watch the stuff on viddler they provide you with a download link beneath the video. I downloaded the wonderful tonight lesson and it was 66.8 mbs and in the mpeg 4 format. I think you can just throw this onto your ipod?

And any of the youtube videos are easily downloaded. You can use a site called keepvid.com and you can download the .flv file or download it to .mp4 format.

Hmm well all the videos that we've released so far are available for download anyway aren't they?

When you watch the stuff on viddler they provide you with a download link beneath the video. I downloaded the wonderful tonight lesson and it was 66.8 mbs and in the mpeg 4 format. I think you can just throw this onto your ipod?

And any of the youtube videos are easily downloaded. You can use a site called keepvid.com and you can download the .flv file or download it to .mp4 format.

nice catch man
i didnt notice that untill just now

Just a thought, if storage/bandwidth is an issue, Yahoo! does small business hosting with unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth for $11.95/mo. You just have to pay for 3 months at a shot for the deal.

For the record, I'm not associated with Yahoo in any way. I just their hosting for my band, my site, etc.

Just sharing the knowledge.

-John

Just a thought, if storage/bandwidth is an issue, Yahoo! does small business hosting with unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth for $11.95/mo. You just have to pay for 3 months at a shot for the deal.

For the record, I'm not associated with Yahoo in any way. I just their hosting for my band, my site, etc.

Just sharing the knowledge.

-John

$12/month is kind of expensive. Godaddy has plans for like $5/month. Dreamhost as well.

For podcasting the best solution for us would be something like amazon s3 but even that ads up quickly.

Seems like only the Wonderful Tonight lesson is available for download and I can download it to iTunes but can't transfer it to my iPod. Don't know why. I saved it as an m4v file like the other TV shows I have on my iPod. Am I doing something wrong? Has anybody else tried this?

Top Bottom