Check out my custom ukuleles :)

PeformanceUke

Reaction score
Just got my custom ukuleles from legendary ukulele builder Sonny-D in hawaii, Im so happy !!! They both sound bad ass. :D Now its time for a pickup but in which one? Hmm not sure yet 8 string our the 4 string.

There made out of Dark black curly Hawaiian Koa. Also its got sonny-d's new dimension sound hole.

4 string :)

click on the pic to zoom. more pics below of the 8 string.

Last edited:
8 String Tenor this thing is a screamer very powerful sound. I was mostly into 4 strings but this ukulele change my mind.

click on pic to zoom.

Last edited:
Really nice uke! Wow! Bet it sounds like a whole room full of ukuleles.

–Lori

Here is some more pics, don't mind the finger print marks it somehow glared in the photo taking.

The wood changes its color and grains when you look at it from different angles its pretty cool it reminds me of some hologram marvel and dc cards..

Click on image to zoom in.

Thanks for the compliments i appreciate it. The 4 string is a tenor. :)

I always love that famous black koa Ukulele made by Sonny-D for Troy Fernadez. Now i finally got mine. Auritye!

d624c060ada086fe821ea11u.jpg

Last edited:
Those are sweet. I like the darker one.

What is the new dimension sound hole?

wa wa wee waaa.... dammmm niiice

Is the ring around the soundhole actually raised up a bit? I can't quite tell from the pics - I was wondering if that's what's meant by the dimension soundhole. They are truly beautiful!

Those are sweet. I like the darker one.

What is the new dimension sound hole?

I'm no expert but i do know math. That sound hole appears to have a larger diameter and circumference than normal ukuleles. I would bet one of my ukes that is what the new dimension sound hole is.

BEAUTIFUL. I've never seen anything like it!

And might I suggest you amp the 4 string????? 6 strings are used mainly for strumming, and that's not all you want to do on stage right? :D

Those look amazing, but it's a little hard to tell from the high contrast in your images. Next time, instead of putting them on the couch with the window behind them, put them across from the couch, with the window behind you. You may have to angle them a little to avoid a reflection from the window, but your camera should have an easier time with the lighting and the exposure.

These look awesome. I'd also go with the pickup in the 4 string--will be great for solos!

Nice looking ukes. I found that his ukes have a beautiful tone and project well. Hopefully after developing a little more callous and technique, I'll be able to work up to one of his 6 or 8 string tenors. Uncle Sonny spent 3 hours one afternoon talking story and playing some songs for me, my family and a friend while we were visiting his shop.

Top Bottom