Meet my new 'ukuleles

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I wanted to introduce my new 'ukuleles: A Kala solid acacia tenor I bought from MGM (thanks, MGM, for picking out such a handsome grain for me!) and a Kala solid mahogany concert that a friend bought for me (my holiday present for the next five years!) from a local shop, Music Works in El Cerrito, because I couldn't decide between the acacia tenor and the mahogany concert. And thanks to the great people at UU who helped me with my decision and basically convinced me to get them both. I love them.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Awesome! Congratz... Almost got that same Mahogany Kala, but decided on the Lanikai Solid Mahogany... I was torn between the two, and thought the Kala was sweet! Good luck, and mine was a gift as well so I feel your excitement!

drop50.gif

Beautiful ukes! Congratulations. I've been thinking along the same lines I really want one of those Kala tenors, but am really intrigued by the Koalana solid sapele concert. Keep us posted on how they work for you.

Well that's weird, the photos only showed up just now, and I'm looking using the same computer as always. Push ups are good for ya though. ;)
They are both beauties though I think I like the looks of the Acacia wood a tad better it resembling Koa. Not a fan of the slotted headstock but on this 'ukulele the Acacia and the slots make for a very attractive combination that I could easily get used to. Congrats on your new additions. :shaka:

Well that's weird, the photos only showed up just now, and I'm looking using the same computer as always. Push ups are good for ya though. ;)
They are both beauties though I think I like the looks of the Acacia wood a tad better it resembling Koa. Not a fan of the slotted headstock but on this 'ukulele the Acacia and the slots make for a very attractive combination that I could easily get used to. Congrats on your new additions. :shaka:
The original post was edited approximately 30 minutes later when the photos were added. I didn't see the pics when I viewed it last night.

Lovely

A nice set of ukuleles there - frakin' lovely really :)

Top Bottom