nohandles
10-31-2009, 07:01 AM
Listing deleted per the skeptics.

tiki_ink
10-31-2009, 07:33 AM
Can you post some pics? Thanks.

keithy351
10-31-2009, 08:27 AM
dont mean to be rude, but did u join up to just try and sell these ukes??? i only ask as i have been watching post here and have seen alot of scammers who make 2 or 3 post then try and sell fake instraments they dont own ... Can you post up pics so we know things are legit....

UkuleleHill
10-31-2009, 11:33 PM
Yes please post pics, and put a hand written note next to each ukulele with your screen name. That would be wonderful!

mrUKETOBER
11-01-2009, 01:15 AM
yea and actually read what rayan posted about the marketplace selling

keithy351
11-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Yes please post pics, and put a hand written note next to each ukulele with your screen name. That would be wonderful!

lol i sent that exact suggestion to sesso, minimum post for selling should be 50, and all hould have photos with a written paper of there screen name and site name........

UkÚDan
11-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey nohandles can you answer???

wfwhitson
11-01-2009, 05:11 PM
I have a number of Ukes for sale from my life long best friend estate Most were never used
Bushman Suprano BU7-8 with a tweed hard shell case 210.00 plus shipping
Bushman Jenny concert with Tweed hard shell case 225.00 plus shipping
Koalaha Tenor with hard gig bag 700.00 plus shipping

I think I seez another troll.:2cents:

grappler
11-01-2009, 05:15 PM
i second that

Ukulele Jim
11-01-2009, 06:14 PM
nohandles, I'd like to buy all of your ukuleles. Where do I send the check?

haolejohn
11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
nohandles, I'd like to buy all of your ukuleles. Where do I send the check?

I tried that with the ;ast one and thread was locked. I sent a PM thpough and never receiced a response.

CoLmes
11-01-2009, 07:00 PM
I think i smelled scammer when he spelled Soprano wrong.

nukulele0
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
yea, im pretty sure its not koalaha...

experimentjon
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM

I don't understand why scammers don't just get a proofreader to fix up the English. It would make these scams so much more believable, since we're all used to the broken English of the Nigerian prince letters. I've heard that they purposely mess up the English to make it seem more legitimate and foreign...but English is one of the official languages of Nigeria...I don't get it.

I bet someone could make a killing posing as a rich Britain offering 10% of their multibillion dollar estate in exchange for a one time check of $10,000 to cover lawyer fees, just as long as they used proper educated English (with things "mispelled" in that British way, of course.) :p It'd be so different that we might not even catch it as spam in our inboxes!

leftovermagic84
11-01-2009, 07:25 PM

I'd rather have a suprano...sounds super...

ChamorroDT
11-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I think people are forgetting that this is the marketplace thread...

No offense, but if you have no interest in purchasing his instruments that he has "for sale", then don't bother posting, you know?

If you think he's a scammer then just report him or wait to see if he does post pictures or not. If he doesn't post pictures then he doesn't...then nobody should have an interest in wanting to purchase until he can prove he really has these Ukes.

Again, I don't mean to upset anyone and I know letting the public be aware of these kind of things is great - but pointing fingers and calling names isn't really how we should go about it.

keithy351
11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I think people are forgetting that this is the marketplace thread...

No offense, but if you have no interest in purchasing his instruments that he has "for sale", then don't bother posting, you know?

If you think he's a scammer then just report him or wait to see if he does post pictures or not. If he doesn't post pictures then he doesn't...then nobody should have an interest in wanting to purchase until he can prove he really has these Ukes.

Again, I don't mean to upset anyone and I know letting the public be aware of these kind of things is great - but pointing fingers and calling names isn't really how we should go about it.

i personally think that people posting in this post is good as it alerts others who arnt so switched on..... and as you can clearly see i reckon this scammer has been scared off.... plus they didnt even read the :rulez: and he did spell soprano wrong, that should ring alarm bells off in anyones head

Rzr
11-02-2009, 05:45 AM
I think it's good to be carefull considering what's gone on. He has written in the "introduce yourself" thread. I know that this doesn't mean we should let our gaurds down, however maybe we should wait and see what comes up before we judge in public.

Rzr
11-02-2009, 05:52 AM
Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure if everything is legit the person would understand everyone being defensive considering what's gone on.:)

Kanaka916
11-02-2009, 06:03 AM
I'll give the OP 48 hours to comply with the rules posted in this thread (http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20832) and if no reply is made, this thread will be closed.

keithy351
11-02-2009, 06:06 AM
I'll give the OP 48 hours to comply with the rules posted in this thread (http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20832) and if no reply is made, this thread will be closed.

good call homes, no reply crack the pimp whip and show him the priest hand

seeso
11-04-2009, 06:46 AM

Thread closed.

nohandles
11-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Sorry that I haven't been here for a while I've just lost my second job in 7 months. Been a little busy sending out resumes and pounding the pavement.

I owe some pictures to one or more of you for the Uke's I have post for sale so I'll try to get them out today.

Again sorry- Doug

seeso
11-06-2009, 03:30 AM
This thread has been re-opened following an email from nohandles. Nohandles, please read this thread (http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20832) and comply with the terms found within it. Thanks.

hoosierhiver
11-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Good Luck with the job search. :)

nohandles
11-06-2009, 03:45 AM
Yous guys are a rough crew. I joined this forum to participate in talking about my love for Ukulele not just to sell stuff. Here are some picture of the the Concert Koalaha. I'll post the rest as soon as I get to my friends widows home again.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43353632@N04/4080510480/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43353632@N04/4079746199/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43353632@N04/4079739377/

vahn
11-06-2009, 04:21 AM
$700 for a koalana concert? You know they sell new for $275?

http://stores.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room_Koaloha-Ukes_W0QQ_fsubZ7330331QQ_sidZ34517586QQ_trksidZp46 34Q2ec0Q2em322

Also in first post you have it listed as koalaha

nohandles
11-06-2009, 04:24 AM
$700 for a koalana concert? You know they sell new for $275?

http://stores.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room_Koaloha-Ukes_W0QQ_fsubZ7330331QQ_sidZ34517586QQ_trksidZp46 34Q2ec0Q2em322

Also in first post you have it listed as koalaha

It is in fact a koalaha concert.

seeso
11-06-2009, 04:39 AM
Yous guys are a rough crew. I joined this forum to participate in talking about my love for Ukulele not just to sell stuff. Here are some picture of the the Concert Koalaha. I'll post the rest as soon as I get to my friends widows home again.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43353632@N04/4080510480/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43353632@N04/4079746199/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43353632@N04/4079739377/

Sorry for your rough welcome bro. We've had a guy buzzing around here trying to scam us. We're just taking extra precautions to protect our members. It's nothing personal.

The photos you have posted look like pictures of a Koalana, not a KoAloha. Koalana is the import budget brand of KoAloha. New Koalana concert ukuleles go for $275.00. New KoAloha concerts go for $700.

keithy351
11-06-2009, 04:40 AM
It is in fact a koalaha concert.

the picture your showing us all is in those links is a koalana which is koalohas new budget range so your not making sence.... im sorry but im still very suspisious but i hope my hunch is wrong

nohandles
11-06-2009, 06:18 AM
the picture your showing us all is in those links is a koalana which is koalohas new budget range so your not making sence.... im sorry but im still very suspisious but i hope my hunch is wrong

Well a big fat DUH to me. You are right it is a Koalana So the new price is 200.00 with case.

Thank you for pointing this out- Doug

keithy351
11-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Well a big fat DUH to me. You are right it is a Koalana So the new price is 200.00 with case.

Thank you for pointing this out- Doug

no worries doug, i just have another question for you, cause you have gone from having a $700 koaloha tenor for sale to having a $500 koalaha concert to now having a koalana concert for sale for $200, if you have been playing ukes for years and have a huge collection how could you not initally know how much you paid for the ukulele in the first place, the koalana have only been out a month or so and few stores sell/sold these, what im trying to ask is, this ukulele if you first bought it would of been only $300, but your intentions where try and sell it for at first $700...

Mouthy1
11-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Wow, someone should send money and see what happens....I can't wait to see how this turns out.(sorry, I am naturally sarcastic)

keithy351
11-06-2009, 07:10 AM
well i think a few people might be thinking the same, so doug just to kinda well get rid of all the sceptics... and this will clear everyones mind and look fine on your behalf too, the 3 ukuleles you listed for sale, could you take 1 photo of all 3 together with a piece of paper in the middle....written on it could you have it saying ukulele underground and your usename nohandle with the price under each one, that way we can see that everything is legitimate....(note also this is whats suggested in the rules section of the for sale section)

thanks doug

Carson Bailey
11-06-2009, 07:12 AM
If you have been playing a Uke as long as me even... (3 months) Then you know what kind of Uke you have and what you paid for it... Why the confusion? Let us know what information is on the label inside the Ukes you have... Or better yet, write down the info and type it straight into google search for each uke! You can then be as smart as everyone else on here, (almost :) ) don't wanna piss off the senior members,lol.. It is just that easy though, come on bru..:cool: Carson

JT_Ukes
11-06-2009, 07:14 AM
no worries doug, i just have another question for you, cause you have gone from having a $700 koaloha tenor for sale to having a $500 koalaha concert to now having a koalana concert for sale for $200, if you have been playing ukes for years and have a huge collection how could you not initally know how much you paid for the ukulele in the first place, the koalana have only been out a month or so and few stores sell/sold these, what im trying to ask is, this ukulele if you first bought it would of been only $300, but your intentions where try and sell it for at first $700...

Dude.. chill a bit.

#1 he said it was from his friends collection in the first post.

#2 Koaloha had the Koalana out for a while, had some issues with production and have recently re introduced them so the Uke may be form the older batch.

He may be confused, and you are not wrong in being cautious, but don't go posting your misinformation without having the facts straight.

Just sayin', if he went so far to get the thread re opened, he's either legit, or asking for trouble. Trust but verify... and play nice.

:)

JT

vahn
11-06-2009, 07:17 AM
hey koalanas were made previously - they were just of lower quality than the ones bieng put out now. Thats why they were discontinued until quality issues were worked out, or so I believe.

keithy351
11-06-2009, 07:19 AM
hey koalanas were made previously - they were just of lower quality than the ones bieng put out now. Thats why they were discontinued until quality issues were worked out, or so I believe.

did the ones previously made look like the ones currently released??? ive truely never seen the earlier models???

keithy351
11-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Dude.. chill a bit.

#1 he said it was from his friends collection in the first post.

#2 Koaloha had the Koalana out for a while, had some issues with production and have recently re introduced them so the Uke may be form the older batch.

He may be confused, and you are not wrong in being cautious, but don't go posting your misinformation without having the facts straight.

Just sayin', if he went so far to get the thread re opened, he's either legit, or asking for trouble. Trust but verify... and play nice.

:)

JT

my question is to get the facts straight bra thats all, im not out looking for trouble, ive been scammed before by a very similar situation, i do hope its all legit, but just a simple question to clear the mist is ok, thats why we got an open forum right? anyway i think it will clear alot of mind if just retakes a photo of the ukes for sale with written paper saying UU and his name, and trust me i will be first inline to appologise if anything ive said has been taken to as offensive

nohandles
11-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Ok fellows enough. First these Uke's are not at my house as I've stated they belonged to my friend of 35 years who got brain cancer and died withing a year.

I will get the other 2 of the 3 and take the picture you want to satisfy all of you. I'm not here to cause any trouble just to have fun and meet new people sharing our love for Ukulele playing.

This is getting a bit old in fact I will delete the post for the instruments and put this to bed

Kanaka916
11-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Well, since there is no posting for a sale, therefore this thread is closed. nohandles, I hope your job search goes well.