ukulele unerground club

samsam

Reaction score
im thinking about starting a UU club at my school. does anybody have any ideas or suggestions before i start gathering up people.

thanks

UU franchise? Like it!

Check out this thread. The UU staff has offered support for anyone who wants to start an ukulele club. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
You just got to do it. Are you the teacher or the student???
I'm a teacher and i visited all the 3-5 grade classrooms and asked how many students would be interested in joing a uke club. i then mad that many copies and sent homw with information. I had no budget so i had to get parents to buy the ukes. Once the students sent interest forms back to school i picked a day of the week and made copies of chord charts and I started meeting. We learn chords and songs. I do not know how to read music and I don't know notes so In essence I am learning things with the kids. We will be performing around March for the whole school.

You just got to do it. Are you the teacher or the student???
I'm a teacher and i visited all the 3-5 grade classrooms and asked how many students would be interested in joing a uke club. i then mad that many copies and sent homw with information. I had no budget so i had to get parents to buy the ukes. Once the students sent interest forms back to school i picked a day of the week and made copies of chord charts and I started meeting. We learn chords and songs. I do not know how to read music and I don't know notes so In essence I am learning things with the kids. We will be performing around March for the whole school.

thanks for the input john. unfortunately, i found out i have to wait a few months to actually start the club:(. at least it gives me a lot of time to plan everything out

We learn chords and songs. I do not know how to read music and I don't know notes so In essence I am learning things with the kids. We will be performing around March for the whole school.

That's awesome, John! Derick Sebastian told me he does not know how to read music either:

http://www.dericksebastian.com

Along with being a heck of a nice human, he's a great musician even though he does not understand the technicalities of the fine music he produces,

You're bringing music into the lives of many who would not consider it otherwise. Good on ya', brah! Ric

Top Bottom