Paul Reed Smith SE Semi-hollow

I don't have any experience with that model, but I've got a PRS SE Soapbar, and I can tell you that I'm very impressed with PRS's korean models from my experience with that guitar. The neck is easily the best korean neck I've played on. Fit and finish is superb, to the level of Gibson USA faded models. PRS korean tuners, despite looking sort of cheap, work very, very well, far better than standard Fender MIM guitar tuners. And the gig bag is very nice, I'd say that it's better than the Fender deluxe gig bags. The tone and volume pots are probably the only weakness on mine. Maybe I need to change them out, but they seem to be either wide open or totally shut almost like a toggle.

Still, if the other PRS SE guitars are anything like mine, and I suspect they are, I would reccomend them to anyone. Owning this SE made me realize why people love their PRS guitars so much.

I have a PRS SE Semi-Hollow in a natural finish. I love it. I'm not going to pretend to be a guitar expert but this guitar plays much, much better than any Fender Mexi or Epiphone I've tried.

Love it!

Anybody have any experience with this guitar? Thanks

Yep, I bought a used PRS SE semi-hollow guitar from Guitar Center back in January this year. It's a great instrument for the money; much better than the original SE guitars. I love the feel of the neck, the punchy twang of the PUs, and the overall looks. I've gigged with it, and used it in the studio. Lots of TONE!

For comparison, I have two additional PRS guitars: a beautiful blue matteo Hollowbody II and a gorgeous Swamp Ash Special. Of course the SE won't match the looks and sounds of these wonderful PRS guitars, but it stands tall on its merits. I would recommend you check out an SE semi-hollow and I think you'll love it too. Cheers and Twangs! T-Bob

Top Bottom