Do you know anything about this?

Hmm...message them and ask for different pictures and/or a soundclip?

Different pictures = side views; check out the action on it and etc.

I've never heard of this company and that's probably because (assuming they're stationed where this eBayer is) in Taiwan.

It certainly is a lovely looking uke. It doesn't seem you could go wrong for $160, but the $60 shipping is a bummer.

Why? The seller has over 10K positive feedbacks. That's got to tell you something.

there was a thread about this somewhere...but just off the top of my head, if there is an issue that has to be disputed through paypal, you'll only get the item cost, not shipping back.

Take a look at moore bettah ukuleles and compare them to this...why do these go for 80 while moore bettah's go for 1500+? Yes, it would make a great wall hanger, but i have my doubts about this as a player too

Google guitars by the same seller. Very poor reviews. The MO is very similar. Tons of inlay, super cheap, crappy instrument. If you're only looking for nice art to hang up, it may be worth it.

From what I gather these inlaid 'ukuleles are more wall hangers than players the wood being on the thick and heavy side to showcase the inlay work more than playability.

What's wrong with THAT picture? A friend of mine has a bass with that same sort of extensive inlay. Some Indonesian maker I think he said. Looks fantastic / sounds and plays like crap with strings. Got it for practically nothing, now he feels guilt over the thought of the laborers who built it.

:2cents:

Better off buying something used off of Craigslist or eBay IMO. Says Taiwan but they are probably Vietnamese imports, the wood is crap and they eventually crack like crazy.

Top Bottom