1952 7Up ad with a ukulele...

ricdoug

Reaction score
Vista (North County San Diego), California
ukulele.jpg

love it!!!

Hey wait.

That's totally unsafe. Pop's smoking. Smoking I tell you!:eek:

Where are the seat belts? Those people should be arrested for putting their children in danger like that.:eek:

And are those glass bottles? GLASS? Are these people crazy?:eek:

It's a wonder any of them lived through those times.

I don't think all those poeple are part of the same family... it's hard to tell, but besides the hay ride driver they seem to be all about the same age... and they are paired up into boy-girl couples. the two kids with the instruments in the foreground are the only ones looking at the camera... the other kids guarding the stash of 7up (in the cooler) are looking at some other camera. I think that pipe smoking pop is taking those other kids somewhere else... i think this scene will end badly.

What a great find!!!

Ahhh… for happier times… Dean Martin was on the radio (some old guy), the PC police weren’t there looking over your shoulder, when kids could go have a good time, folks could smoke a pipe in peace and the world had yet to turn cynical…

Yet somethings have changed for the better....

Like what? I'm just askin'...:D

I'm sort of tired of the "save me from myself" mentality these days.

What do you mean Sukie?

What do you mean Sukie?

I'm not going there. I don't want to start a flame war or anything. Bleeding heart liberals have a hard time with the "save me from myself" world though. I should be able to hurt myself if I want to, though. (Not that I do, I'm just sayin'....)

Hey wait.

That's totally unsafe. Pop's smoking. Smoking I tell you!:eek:

...and on a wagon loaded with dry hay, and children a potential fiery inferno on wheels! :eek:;)
Ah, da good old daze. :D

I think I found a new desktop image. :D And what the hell is the kid with the straw hat drinking? That doesn't look like the other bottles! :O

Last edited:
Top Bottom