Koolau model ce-3 semi-hollowbody electric tenor uke

ukulele4u

Reaction score
For sale: Ko'olau CE-3 played by Led Ka'apana at 2008 Richmond Folk Music festival...
The Ko'olau Model CE-3 has been retired (last year) and is no longer made by Ko'olau 'Ukulele. I bought this one last year & it has been kept in my private collection, here at the shop. Last year at the 2008 Richmond Folk Music Festival, Led Ka'apana & Mike Ka'awa were featured here, performing Hawaiian slack key guitar. In speaking with Led, I asked him if he would be playing any 'ukulele during any of his performances. He said that he would love to, but since he was supposed to be performing slack key guitar & promoting his recently released album "Force Of Nature", he did not bring an 'ukulele with him. I told him that I happened to know a guy (ok, it was me) that had an 'ukulele that he could play, if he was so inclined to do so.--The rest is 'ukulele history...

You can see Led here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9WWmxGbH2g&feature=related playing this 'ukulele, at the festival.

Asking $3500, make offer.

Mahalo,

Rob Deel
The Ukulele Shop
ukulelerob@verizon.net
804-516-3300

Attachments

• Koolau CE-3 (13).jpg
    Koolau CE-3 (13).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Koolau CE-3 (14).jpg
    Koolau CE-3 (14).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Just curious, is this still available uke4u? Thanks.

Christian, you're funny. Nope, I just wanted to see if he still had it and likes it--I can't afford the Led mojo surcharge on this baby. lol

Apparently, there is going to be a Pono import version at some stage, also KoAloha have a similar prototype, not sure if solid-body or semi-hollow.

Thanks for posting this Rob, I used to love going to the Folk Festival in Richmond. Brings back fond memories, Kind of miss it. (don't miss trying to find a parking space though!!)

Top Bottom